PUBG and you

Al Sacco

Apr 29, 2008
Visit site
So, the hottest PC game of the year (PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds, or PUBG) is now available on Xbox One, as a Microsoft console exclusive. Of course, it's still in Game Preview on Xbox, and it's rough around the edges. But that's (mostly) to be expected.

Have you tried it on console yet? If so what do you think? Also, are you a PC gamer who already played PUBG on PC before moving to console? How does it compare? And what do you like better, or worse?

The Vaishnavite

Dec 12, 2015
Visit site
PUBG is a steaming pile of retarded bs on the console. Dreadful controls, filthy textures, bs fps even on the X dipping as low as 4 fps. The game has been in development for more than a year and consists of just a map, one single map and yet they can't seem to get it right neither on PC nor console.

ZvjerOPC

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
I understand the nature of multiplayer fun in this game. I understand the reason for going back in the game over and over. But I just cannot fathom the below 30fps on the graphics engine that looks as an average Xbox 360 game. Let's hope they can get it up to stable 60fps some time soon and that it stays console exclusive indefinitely because Xbox won't survive without enough exclusives.

xfatalx zero

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
It's decent but I swear I hate the 4K. Forza and some others are great in 4K but not this. knock it down to 1080 and increase the quality of the game. maybe even 2K res

RW2000

Nov 3, 2015
Visit site
I’m not getting the hate. PUBG was every bit as glitchy in its first months on PC too. So our $500 Xbox One X’s aren’t performing like $2000 PCs in week one, big deal. The core of the game remains intact, it’s highly playable, and the majority of the sub-30fps is found in the lobby. Getting your panties in a bunch over a Game Preview is absurd. Want beauty? Go play any one of the 100+ Enchanced for Xbox One X titles. PUBG will improve over time, just like the PC version has. Patience, fanbois.

Akira X

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
Got a few rounds in last night on the X for the first time on any platform. I LIKE I LIKE!!

Is it rough around the edges, yes. I was too busy learning the controls, inventory and putting some fellow gamers down..

My biggest complaint is locating your position on the map, it blends in with the map itself making it hard to spot your location.

Last edited:

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Got a few rounds in last night on the X for the first time on any platform. I LIKE I LIKE!!

Is it rough around the edges, yes. I was too busy learning the controls, inventory and putting some fellow gamers down..

My biggest complaint is locating your position on the map, it blends in with the map itself making it hard to spot your location.

I thought I was the only one having trouble. Being on a monitor, it should never be that difficult to spot.

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
I like it it's a little rough around the edges but it's beta form. I'm fine with it hopefully the beta gets touched up quickly . Game is still fun to play for me

Jeff Norris

Dec 18, 2017
Visit site
So, the hottest PC game of the year (PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds, or PUBG) is now available on Xbox One, as a Microsoft console exclusive. Of course, it's still in Game Preview on Xbox, and it's rough around the edges. But that's (mostly) to be expected.

Have you tried it on console yet? If so what do you think? Also, are you a PC gamer who already played PUBG on PC before moving to console? How does it compare? And what do you like better, or worse?

It's the best game I've played since America's Army. Yea it's a little buggy but it's still in development...way more fun than COD. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to play this game while it's being worked on.

Theonlyix

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
It "was" a Console launch exclusive before..then they said the wanted it closer to MS and all of sudden they did away with the "launch" part.

However, it runs good enough to play on the Xbox One X, the dude with 4fps above clearly has a problem with his box (unless its in the loading screen /jump sequence where the fps goes really nasty, but thats not a dealbreaker as its in a noncritical part of the game).

awesome game, really nice to have on Xbox.
Been playin it every night since release .
Many people dont understand that it is game-preview still and think it should be polished as a AAA proper release. Id say its far better than many other preview games has been (heres lookin at you ARK and Conan)

DEEP NNN

Mar 11, 2017
Visit site
I play PUBG on a XB1X and I am quite liking it. Never played it on PC.

The frame rate issues only seem to be an issue for a short time while players are spawning in and the first five seconds on the Hercules while the map is loading.

Occasionally I see a stutter caused by lag.

My biggest issues is with 4K HDR on my TV. It's too dark, like constantly with a late dusk setting. This game could seriously use a brightness setting so players don't need to go mucking around their TV's brightness controls when switching games.

dov1978

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I watched my 13yr old son play it and he was trying to tear me away from COD WW2 to play too but after 10 mins I couldn't even watch anymore. It just feels like a big game of Hide n Seek tbh. He loves it though

to_be_announced

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I like it so far. Never played on PC. Still trying to get used to the controls a bit. I've only got a few rounds in so far.

Oh yeah, I prefer to play in first person. I'd be curious to hear how others prefer to play. I think having a choice is a nice feature.

ThedapperBlakone

Dec 19, 2017
Visit site

Frankly I do enjoy the game-play. Looting, customizing my weapon, and getting to experience the different styles of gun play is exciting. Yet this game is far from optimized. So far in this battle royale game my highest cause of death isn't from other players, instead I die because of game crashes and lag that refuses to let me pick up weapons and items. So here's how I pretty much spend my time; 45% dying because i can't pick up anything to defend myself, 20% dying because the game crashes and I'm left defenseless, and 35% the occasional normal game. Whether this be a preview or not, it costs money. Therefore it should work as intended, or be changed to free.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Frankly I do enjoy the game-play. Looting, customizing my weapon, and getting to experience the different styles of gun play is exciting. Yet this game is far from optimized. So far in this battle royale game my highest cause of death isn't from other players, instead I die because of game crashes and lag that refuses to let me pick up weapons and items. So here's how I pretty much spend my time; 45% dying because i can't pick up anything to defend myself, 20% dying because the game crashes and I'm left defenseless, and 35% the occasional normal game. Whether this be a preview or not, it costs money. Therefore it should work as intended, or be changed to free.

Bugs and glitches were known prior to the release... hence why they tell you it's a game preview and only charge $30. You could have waited for the game to drop and hear the feedback prior to getting it.

I got the game knowing all of this and know the update would come... it did. Improved the game play by 1000% and I still enjoy playing FortNite more. Maybe it's the speed of the game. The building aspect. Consistent performance? Colorful? I have more fun.

One thing I enjoy a lot is racing down to a spot, seeing others and attempting to get their first and all out brawl. PUBG? I may not get any action for a couple of circles. The pace is too slow for me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eozplxz