Push notifications not working!!!

Milad Hajizadeh

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
Hi
I have a problem with my htc 8s whatsapp.
I have two 8s one of them when in
Lock screen black screen notifications wasn't delievers. when i press the power
Button and screen was start the notification was delivered.
My other 8s have not this problem and notifications work even in dark lock screen

sorry for bad englishh
thx

forawes

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
Hi all
On Jan 22, 2014 i updated Lumia820 to Update 3 of WP8. Before this update the notifications for WhatsApp was working fine. However, after the Update 3 the notification are not coming for WhatsApp. Ever time i need to open WhatsApp to check for any new massages.
Can any body help to resolve?
Thanks

emperor_skull

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
Initially I was not receiving any notifications from twitter, whatsapp, kik and Facebook but yesterday kik and Facebook just showed tile count ... But no notifications from whatsapp or twitter... I have to open the app to receive messages or notifications

alex 7

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone. Today Facebook app stoped showing me push notifications on top of the Homescreen... I allow them and I also allow Facebook's backround services.... I am also conected to my wifi all the time.. Having anyone this problem...? It was fine last days but now it's not... Any solutions??

Thanks...

Swetha Talmuk

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Hello!

I have stop receiving Push notifications from any of the apps in my Lumia 520. I have whatsapp, facebook, instagram & viber. But no app is giving the push notifications. Can you help me?

fauzanade

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
does anyone have solution to this ? yesterday my phone just stopped receiving any notifications. Line, Twitter, Facebook, Whatsapp no notifications at all.
its so damn frustrating.

I'm using Lumia 620 Amber Update

RaghuV

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
I contacted customer support through chat, and she (Cristina D) provided a solution and it nearly solved the problem, the push notification worked for Whatsapp but there is still some delay (about 5 minutes), please follow these steps and I hope it works for you:(I'm using HTC 8x)
1) UNPIN windows store from start
2) ERASE Internet explorer history
3) ADD new language to the keyboard (Settings --> keyboard --> add keyboards (and choose a language that require DOWNLOAD)
4) when it finishes downloading it will ask to restart and install
5) after it restarts UNINSTALL whatsapp and REINSTALL IT (you can get conversations back from backup when asked, no problem)

and It worked :D

Again it may have a bit of delay still bit its notifying me when the phone is locked

Thank you. now i am getting push notification . I didn't install any language but still it worked... Couldn't get the point how browser history and store are related to push notification....

emperor_skull

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
Well I just hope that black will fix this notification issues....not only with whatsapp, even wechat, and the rest ... As I hard they say is a severer issue with ms

fauzanade

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
lumia720... I guess windows allows limitted push notification. I removed unwanted apps from bckgrd task and followed above steps

Sent from my RM-885_im_india_249 using Tapatalk

After removing unnecessary apps as you suggest, toast notification for Line is working again. :D
but still not for facebook and twitter :(

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Guys these are generally server issues and no random placebo fixes will do it forever. If WP push notification servers don't have stable 3G internet when pushing the accumulated app notifications, it pings again but some badly designed apps don't notify the server to ping again in case of failed delivery. Facebook and Whatsapp are included in those. Only Twitter I think has a decently written code to ping back. Even Rooms don't get messages at times and then they all flow in after 5-6 minutes delay when messenger pings back push servers to check for undelivered messages.

emperor_skull

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
I have found a solution to this problem.... See what you need to do
(1) go to settings change your network speed to 2g then search for networks, when the network appears just click on it
(2) then go to access point open it and close it then come back to the mobile network then chose 3G as highest connection speed then reboot your phone .. Wait for a while
(3) then the last and final step just soft reset your phone after you have done the above steps, you can soft reset your phone by hold down the power key and the volume keys (+ and -) together for 10 secs until the phone powers off .... And there you have it that what I did am a 520 user and am receiving whatsapp notifications now

r0mmE7

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
I fixed Viber on my Lumia 920 today.
I had push notification issues for quite a few months now and I was able to find a way around this problem.
Here is what I did:
1. In Settings / Background tasks, I only allowed two applications to run in the background.
2. I uninstalled Viber from my phone.
3. In Settings / Storage check, I cleared the temporary files.
4. In Settings / Ringtones+Sounds, I unticked/unchecked the "all other notifications" (I saw that Viber will use its own notification sounds for push notifications).
4. I performed a soft reboot (holding down the volume down + power button).
5. After the reboot, I again cleared the temporary files in Settings / Storage Check.
6. I re-installed viber.

I am not really sure how it worked :)
I hope this info helps.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cagkles124