Question on UEFI/Legacy

SadikIslami

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
Hello, first of all thanks for taking time helping me with my issue.

That`s the case:

I wanted to recover an Image-Backup done with a Backup Software, but the Boot-CD does not Boot on my PC. I have an Windows 10 64-Bit System.

While trying i found out it does indeed boot when i change the Bios from UEFI to Legacy.

If i recover the Image in Legacy-Mode and after that i change it again to UEFI - will Windows boot up or will there be Problems?

Is there any way to make the Boot-CD work also on UEFI?

Thanks in advance.

BaritoneGuy

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Originally posted by SadikIslami
Hello, first of all thanks for taking time helping me with my issue.

That`s the case:

I wanted to recover an Image-Backup done with a Backup Software, but the Boot-CD does not Boot on my PC. I have an Windows 10 64-Bit System.

While trying i found out it does indeed boot when i change the Bios from UEFI to Legacy.

If i recover the Image in Legacy-Mode and after that i change it again to UEFI - will Windows boot up or will there be Problems?

Is there any way to make the Boot-CD work also on UEFI?

Thanks in advance.

Legacy is less secure than UEFI. Look on the internet for instructions on how to make a UEFI boot USB. Then copy the CD contents to the stick. See if it restores. I am not sure as I haven't tried it.

If you choose to do the restore in legacy mode I am pretty sure you will be stuck there as the way the disk boots is completely different.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nehalwadehra