Response from Verizon support regarding Portico

tbsteph1

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
Well, there are several added features in Portico plus several bug fixes. The argument that 90% don't even know about updates is moot. I expect my carrier, Verizon in this case, to provide the best user experience possible. Just about every carrier in the world has made Portico available to their WP8 customers. Why Verizon is taking its sweet time providing Portico to its customers does not reflect well on them - being slower than the death star should incriminate those in charge of OS updates.

AR2186

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Portico runs on Verizon, but only on the Samsung ATIV Odyssey (I've used it). If you can run it on one of the phones on your network, there is no excuse for not releasing it for the other phones.

ny_yankees

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I guess it depends on the update. I doubt most updates are "really need"ed. Probably 90% of Verizon customer don't even know there is an update available that Verizon hasn't released yet.

I am also post in Verizon's support forum for Windows Phones and you'd be surprised. There are tons of people everyday coming in and asking about the Portico update. I believe by now most of the Verizon WP8 users have an idea that there is an update for the phone

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
I am also post in Verizon's support forum for Windows Phones and you'd be surprised. There are tons of people everyday coming in and asking about the Portico update. I believe by now most of the Verizon WP8 users have an idea that there is an update for the phone

Lol, obviously the people who visit forums know about pending updates. I still say its a small percentage.

ny_yankees

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Lol, obviously the people who visit forums know about pending updates. I still say its a small percentage.

Could be very well, however from my experience, the people that visit the Verizon support page are the typical average people who have no clue about phones. Since that support forum is filled with people asking questions for help on how to work their phones usually

Jim_MAY

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Don't worry Verizon will be shooting out this update soon. Then you can all start complaining about "BLUE" and when will it be released. Verizon does give us the best data connection I've ever seen.

My Speedtest results: Download: 39.66 Mbps, Upload: 12.89 Mbps.

WooHoo!

racerjim

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, love/hate relationship with Verizon. Has always had the best cell service, and their customer service has been good to me. But their reticence to push WP is annoying.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Portico runs on Verizon, but only on the Samsung ATIV Odyssey (I've used it). If you can run it on one of the phones on your network, there is no excuse for not releasing it for the other phones.

Odd, how it works only on Odyssey but it's being pushed to the 8x... :wink:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cagkles124