returning my lumia

larrynj

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Att won't send a new home until they receive the current phone. I tried already.

That must be a new procedure. I've had many phones over the years with issues. They have always sent me a new one with a return shipping label in the box for the one with a problem.

raymondromero

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
When you do the reset, don't restore from back up.. It may drag a battery sucking problem to the reset version... If that makes sense.

After a reset my battery life improved very rapidly. about two charging cycles.

i'll try this tonight and report back in this thread with the results. when i did the reset before, i had restored from backup.

Ebaneeezor

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
Att won't send a new home until they receive the current phone. I tried already. I'm gonna do the factory reset later

Factory reset squared me away with battery. but seriously brother, dont sacrifice what you want over a temporary emotion. Either way, 1 month will pass whether you return it or not. Either goto a corporate store or call and ask to speak with a manager, they will square you away one way or another - Or email Elop, I hear hes awesome at taking care of nokia customers.

Reginald Atkins

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I had battery issues the first two days but a few drain downs and re-charges and it seems to be working itself out, However, I use Nokia Drive.. don't want to delete it but then again I don't want it running until I need it. How can I tell if it's background running?

Ebaneeezor

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
I had battery issues the first two days but a few drain downs and re-charges and it seems to be working itself out, However, I use Nokia Drive.. don't want to delete it but then again I don't want it running until I need it. How can I tell if it's background running?

Press and hold Back button to see if its currently running. If it is, you will see a small page displayed here. to shut it off start tapping the back button it will end/stop apps currently running. Another place to look is in settings/applications page/background tasks

cgooge14

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Got mine Friday when they came out and battery life has steadily improved. I turned off NFC and stopped Nokia Drive in the background like other have suggested. Took it off of charge at 9am and here at 6:40pm I have 43% left...way better than the first couple of days.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cagkles124