screen lift? how much is normal (pics in post 11)

Lemmiwinkles

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Live chat and escalations are a complete waste of time. If I were you, get it to the point where they at least arrange a repair. If it comes back unrepaired, then step it up a notch and email Stephen Elop. My case was then referred to Alf Noto who is the VP of Nokia Care. He then "personally" passed it on to Nokia's CERT-UK team who advised me that it was the highest level a complaint can reach. They then picked up my handset and I got my replacement. All this took around 4/5 weeks of constant back and forth.

I'd like to remind everyone that one 5 minute call to Apple will result in the same level of service but quicker, and a phone shipped in advance before sending yours back. This has been extremely souring. Microsoft have to step up their customer care or I'll be walking. I cant handle crappy customer service.

cirian75

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Just watched this youtube video and it show the adhesive tape Nokia/MS used
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dGc1B7_FOw

I've used the same stuff on a Nook HD+ bezel repair, its rubbish stuff, I ended up using 3mm 3M VHB tape instead which is in a completely different order of strength, but also price

VHB here though would raise a new issue, you will never get that screen off again with out wrecking it.

Last edited:

Ssrki

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
My L930 have screen lift too, but I don't have a warranty here in Serbia. What should I do or which Nokia or MS service care I have to contact and do I have some hope for maybe changing or repair my L930 caise I love it?

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
cirian - thanks for posting. I thought it was glued on, from taking several of these apart. Seeing that tape is actually encouraging to me from a repair standpoint.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eozplxz