Share your Windows Phone History!

duhsoares21

Oct 27, 2016
Visit site
Galaxy Y > Galaxy Note 2 > iPhone 3GS (white) > Samsung Omnia W > Lumia 630 > iPhone 3GS (black) > Lumia 535 > Lumia 640 > Galaxy Note 3 > Sony Xperia XA > iPhone 7

N1cks

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Sony Ericsson Xperia X1 (WM 6.5) --> Samsung Focus (WP7) --> Lumia 920 (WP8) --> Lumia 950xl (W10m)

8 years worth of mobiles. Clearly I'm not frivolous with my upgrades :).

Sadly, my next phone will most likely be a Samsung or an iOS. Seems I backed the wrong horse!

Favourite mobile. Probably the Focus - awesome little mobile.

Update:

I made this graphic a while ago :). Just need to add my 950xl.

Nicks Mobile Phone History.jpg

L0n3N1nja

Dec 22, 2016
Visit site
Worked for Verizon in 2012 when Windows 8 launched, had just gotten myself the Note 2, but was impressed by the software and metro design. Microsoft trained me and others on the key features and how to use the phones, and how to provide basic set up and tech support help. Got to play with the HTC 8x and Nokia 808 (I could have those names wrong), liked the phones but had just bought one.

Fast forward a couple years to when the Nokia 928 and Icon were available, 8.1 was on phones, and I was considering buying one for my new phone. Microsoft bought out Nokia and Verizon quit selling flagship Windows phones.

So because of a lack of availability I've never owned one, and now it's a dead platform. Microsoft dropped the ball big time, and now the platform is dying.

I liked Windows, even skinned my Samsung to resemble it, but never had the chance to own a Windows phone.

dov1978

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Lumia 800 >Lumia 920 >Lumia 925 >Lumia 1020 >Lumia 1320 >Lumia 1520 >Lumia 435 >Lumia 950 >Lumia 950xl
Those with many many iPhones and Androids in between

Erik Ludwig

Jun 5, 2017
Visit site
Wow, talk about having to think back & find a picture that had all of my previous phones.

Audiovox 9100, LG VX6000, Motorola V710, then I graduated to Windows devices.

Starcom (HTC) XV6700 running Windows mobile 5.0, a "smartphone" before the Droid or iPhone were ever released.

HTC XV6900 Windows Mobile 6.0
HTC Arrive Windows Phone 7
HTC 8x Windows Phone 8, then 10
HTC Icon Windows Phone 8, then 10
HTC 8x (broke the screen on my Icon when it fell out of my bicycle mount, had to put the 8x back into service)

Now patiently waiting for a new release, & to see if it is time to finally leave VZW after 15+ years, because they refuse to support new devices that aren't iOS or Android.

Rick Austinson

Jun 6, 2017
Visit site
Ages ago I had a "wincy"(windows CE) phone, may have even been a nokia(I can't remember anymore) loved the thing dearly, it had a slide-out keyboard and an SD card slot you could actually easily pull cards in and out of(handy for editing word docs on the go, which I did!). If the battery hadn't died I'd still be using that phone, though various other bits of it had failed as the years went by.

After that I had some nonsense 'android' thing.

When that one died, I made a very significant upgrade to a Nokia Lumia 1510, which I ALSO loved the every-living crap out of, such a great phone, beutiful camera, just great.

Batteries seem to dictate my phone upgrades, after ~3 years the Lumia 1510's battery started to go, and about a week ago I switched over to a 950xl to get the Continuum feature. Liking the phone ok so far, HATE the power button placement and multi-button features, but really like the potential I see in Continuum.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kasha963