Shared emails are never delivered in OneDrive, any ideas?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

share emails are never delivered in onedrive

When I select some files online in OneDrive and click on 'share' I am asked to enter an email address. Then I press 'share' and 'close'. The share emails however never show up, nor do they show as sent in Windows Live Mail which I am using . Any ideas?

ebergler

Jan 13, 2016
Visit site
I wrote the original inquiry and by chance I found out what the problem was: OneDrive wanted me to use my OneDrive account email. To use OneDrive one needs no activated email, just anyone. In my case, I purchased a 1 year 365 subscription giving me 1TB of storage. I could not activate it, and it took 3 Microsoft technicians 4 hours to do it: in the end it was suggested to use an outlook account: we set one up and I was in. But I want to stay with gmail, and with only gmail active, I got no 'share' notices out. Now that I activated my outlook address, more or less by accident, the system of sharing works and they arrive. Of course, if a recipient selects 'reply', that email will go to outlook, and will never arrive in my account. So I am still not happy. I decided to work with links instead.
E Bergler

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nehalwadehra