Should i change from MacBook Pro to Surface Pro 4?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I have been using MacBook Pro 13" (not the retina display) with Windows 10 OS using Bootcamp. I find some friends/colleagues say that using MacBook Pro with Windows 10 OS is kinda 'weird'. I used to be an OS X guy, but I shifted since I use Lumia phone around May last year. I like MacBook's premium 'feel' and its durability. It still works very fine.

I am so excited about the Surface Pro 4 (core i5, 128 SSD, 4 GB of RAM). I think it fits more with my everyday work: MS Office, browsing, multimedia, small photo editing. I can also do note-taking with the pen, write on it, reading e-books (I use iPad 2 for reading purposes), and it is also light. Since MacBook Pro is quite heavy, I use it only when I work at home or when I am not at the office. At office, I use office's laptop.

Some friends said that Windows 10 OS is full of viruses and malwares compared to OS X (that OS X is virus free), after 2-3 years Windows 10 OS will crash, within two or three years of usage I'm gonna have to spend money to buy new Windows laptop. They suggest to me to get the Wacom stylus to use it iPad should I wanna have the 'writing' experience.

Even after reading or watching many reviews on internet about Surface Pro 4, I'm still indecisive.

zhris

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Some friends said that Windows 10 OS is full of viruses and malwares compared to OS X (that OS X is virus free), after 2-3 years Windows 10 OS will crash, within two or three years of usage I'm gonna have to spend money to buy new Windows laptop. They suggest to me to get the Wacom stylus to use it iPad should I wanna have the 'writing' experience.

Even after reading or watching many reviews on internet about Surface Pro 4, I'm still indecisive.
Your post says you already use Win10, so that point, while true, is kind of moot. Yes, malware targets Windows more than Mac, but that's mostly because Windows is a larger target. If portability is important, the Surface may be better off for you, but if you use OSX at all, that may be a point in the MacBook's favor.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I ran a MacBook pro with Windows installed for a year or so. I wound up selling it off and buying a Surface Pro 2... partially because of intermittent keyboard issues the Macbook had with Windows (8 at the time). Not sure it these issues were resolved with Win 10 though?

Anyhow, in short, as others have said, if you use OSX at all, stay with the MacBook... if not, a new Surface wouldn't be a bad choice. I haven't looked back since making the switch.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cara.di