Should i get the 925?

jwballing

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Dont get it . It looks nice specs are nice software is nice. But tomorrow I am getting my 4th replacement in a month. The first one would not read any sim card and this was at tmo store. second one died 3 days later. Third one just died today , got a blue screen and would not go any further. Did the recommended hard reset and was greeted with a "Windows boot manager" window. There is something critically wrong with this phone from tmo at least. On tmo my recommendation is stay away from this phone.

chmun77

May 27, 2011
Visit site
If you are coming from Android, just stick with Android. I have both HTC One and 925 and I know the huge differences between those 2 OSes and apps. Try HTC One is you don't mind the 4MP camera. It does take good low light photos too but just that you can't use them for big banner print outs etc. No lags or whatsoever on my HTC One so far. Having that said, I do find Nokia here maps does lag when comes to panning and zooming. Whoever told you that WP does not lag is not entirely true. The OS is smooth (so is stock Android like Nexus), but when comes to apps, is all depending on the developers.

As for apps, Windows Phone has not much big titles except for bunch of alternatives. And all these alternatives are at the mercy of the service providers because once they update their APIs, these alternatives may not even be working anymore until updates are released. Which means, having official ones are always the best bet. The recent Google - MS Youtube fiasco is a very excellent example. Furthermore, Windows Phone has its limitations too currently. I guess you are used to transfer / share ANY files you like on your current Android, but do not expect the same on Windows Phone. Although MS promotes Cloud services, but we still can't share / upload other unofficial files other than photos or office documents.

So, perhaps it will be a blessing for you to stay with Android, rather than taking the leap of faith.

broar94

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Yep stick to android if you want unlimited functionalities that only android offers. If you wanna try going to a basic os, then wp is a decent choice but before that scout through the threads to learn all the shortcomings of windows phone os. There is no flip board for wp yet.

I saw the l925 last weekend at a Nokia priority, it seems fast and got a nice amloed display but it was quite warm in the back of thee phone when I picked it up. So it could be subject to heating up when using camera or some heavy apps. Only the 16gb version in India whereas the 920 comes with 32gb inbuilt storage..

Sent from my Nexus 7 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

kanishka007

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
Argh.. Guys I got the 925 and I am absolutely in love with it. I am not returning to android. I miss its functionality but hardware wise nothing beats nokia. I will buy an ipad later this year to fulfill my app requirements. Thanks anyways 😊

deeptanwar

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
Hello friends firstly i introduce to u myself hii i'm deep,
IF A person looking for a window phone, Nokia 925 is best option for them it has very nice feature:-
Microsoft Windows Phone 8, upgradeable to WP8 Amber, Qualcomm MSM8960 Snapdragon,
Dual-core 1.5 GHz Krait cpu, Adreno 225 gpu, Accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass sensor
SMS (threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Email, IM, HTML5 browser, FM radio
With A-GPS support and GLONASS
In Black, White, Gray colors.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
downloadtorose