Should I leave Windows Phone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

typhon62_1

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Thinking about leaving Windows Phone...

Go find something else you can live with for a year or so till we can see if MS actually still cares about WP. I recently jumped ship and I'm while getting used to Android I really miss just how easy WP is to use. The app gap really didn't bug me all that much, but the lack of new top of the line hardware at ATT did bug me. I really hope MS comes through with a home run but I have a bad feeling 2015 is not going to be a great year for WP.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site

i don't care for apps, what i care is features which are must in every phone and which were part of earlier Nokia phones

video calling from front facing camera - not present in Windows phones
card slot - not present in Windows phones
5" screen *not in Nokia phones but required in all windows phones
assigning songs as ringtones without the need the copying them in a specified folder

the list goes on

You list 4 gripes here.
1. Yes, you can do video calls from the front facing camera. Many Windows Phone models have a front facing camera that support this. It's not our fault if you bought the 520 that doesn't have the front facing camera. You should have been able to know what cameras a phone has before you purchased.
2. Card slot not present in Windows Phones? Wow! That's news to me! How the heck am I accessing my 64GB SD Card? Maybe because there is a CARD SLOT present in my Windows Phone! Again, check the features of the phone you are purchasing. Only a select few do not offer the SD Card expansion slot.
3. 5" screen not in Nokia phones? Okay, now I know you've lost it. I'm not even going to bother telling you which models have this, because apparently you've never actually looked at a Windows Phone considering you're already on your 3rd strike out of 3 swings.
4. Ringtones are easy enough to handle. Get Microsoft's own Ringtone Maker, and it will get you going easy enough with that, and you'll get a better ringtone as well.

The list goes on... Or should we say "the fallacies go on."

If those are the reasons you want to jump ship for a different phone OS, please, do yourself and us a favor and jump. The plank to use for jumping is just behind you and a little to the left. Watch that last step, it's a loo loo. Megalodon is waiting.

Andre-Omari John

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site

Belgium is a tiny country...I wouldn't expect Microsoft putting too much effort in the Belgian market.

That's not really good enough. The OPs concerns are valid on this matter. I'm from bloody London, that's a megacity yeah? And I'm still using this bugged out dev preview UPDATE ONE on my HTC 8X.

I wouldn't go as far as jumping ship just yet. Windows phone is Lumia, so that's clearly where everyone needs to be if they want anything from Microsoft anyway.

The HTC situation can't be that unfortunate (for any sympathisers out there) as they have time to make w8s and cool Cortana cases. Only HTC 8X owners, outside America, have any right to feel marginalised!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eozplxz