Should I trade in my Lumia Icon for the HTC One M8????

TrueMetalGeek

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
I had cracked my screen on my Icon. It had one long crack going all the way down the screen so it wasn't noticeable if you looked at it dead on but today it bothered me because I was reading a lot of text and it distorted it at the crack.

So I just paid the $99 deductible to Asurion to send another.

I have the ICON Black and all they have in stock is a White so that is what I will get.
Although I use an otterbox and it will cover up most of the white I assume.

Maybe I'll get lucky and it will have Cyan but I doubt it from what I have been reading.

wp2000

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
On a side note, Verizon definitely does not even try to sell Windows Phones.
The bias is insane. Almost like Google has paid them off or something. Which I wouldn't doubt so they can get those Big Brother spy phones into the hands of more people.

I went to AT&T and Verizon Saturday. The AT&T saleswoman asked, albeit out of curiosity more than anything, why I wanted a Windows phone. The Verizon salesman gushed about Windows phone and was delighted to be selling one. Just another perspective on this...

anon(5383410)

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Yes. I did and haven't looked back. Excellent device all around. I can't point to one thing I miss . Not that the Icon isn't great but you're certainly not taking a step down. Everyone you beat you to death with camera specs and all I will say is I've recently visited Paris and got GREAT shots with my M8. People on these forums talk like they're professional photographers or something. Don't let them deter you. Go for it.

TrueMetalGeek

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Yes. I did and haven't looked back. Excellent device all around. I can't point to one thing I miss . Not that the Icon isn't great but you're certainly not taking a step down. Everyone you beat you to death with camera specs and all I will say is I've recently visited Paris and got GREAT shots with my M8. People on these forums talk like they're professional photographers or something. Don't let them deter you. Go for it.

The two features I would miss would be the dedicated two-stage camera button which I've come to enjoy and the Mix Music that is exclusive to Nokia.

Before this phone I had a Sansung S4 four HTC's in a row! LOL (Imagio, Thunderbolt, Rezound, DNA).

Each one has their own exclusive features.
HTC has the dedicated imaging chip which is nice.

But when I tested the M8 in the store for a while it just didn't feel like an upgrade at all.
In felt like I'd be trading a few features.

Sadly, the Verizon reps in two stores didn't know jack about the M8 either.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LilyyVon