So who's getting one on release day?

Nekzar

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
While I would really prefer as much local storage as possible what bothers me most is two things. They announces an awesome feature that the flagship device won't have and that the 820 does.

I see this complaint a lot. You guys gotta keep in mind that the 820 isn't superior in this regard although at first look at seems that way.
As far as I've understood, the 820 is only expandable up to 32 GB. So it won't surpass the 920's storage. (I'll admit I'm not 100% certain that this is accurate, it might be that you can add 32gb to a total of 40, but what I've heard/read suggests it's capped at 32)

Think of it this way. In the 820 it's optional to get 32 gb of storage, if you don't need it, stick with 8, great way to keep costs down. On the 920, a high end device, that storage is build in for everyone, and I'd assume that storage is faster than a SD card as well.

It can look like a feature is missing. And yea in a way it is. But not compared to the 820 it's not. Compared to some android phones it's lacking a feature, but I'm sure they will add more storage capabilities/options in later phones. Keep in mind, it might be challenging to do in a proper way with that unibody design, not many places to put an SD slot and keeping the great simple look

Pauldro

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
??s

I love the design of the 920 but seriously I don't think it will come to T-mobile, and the 820 won't suffice my needs. Also, I like yellow, but I really want that cyan lumia 920. Perhaps, I'll wait for MWC this February and hope my HD7 gets 7.8.

trivor

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
Available Memory

Don't forget this is 32 GB before OS reserved space. You may only have 26-27 GB available and the 820 may only have 4-5 GB available after formatting and OS space. Not sure how much available space the 820 will have after formatting on a 32 GB micro SD card (and can't see any reason it shouldn't be compatible with the new 64 GB cards which can be FAT formatted).

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
On this video they show Nokia Music on Lumia 820 with nifty equalizer and he says that it was something they just introduced.
Does the newest Nokia Music really have that feature or is he just talking about some future version?

Around the 2:35

Nokia Music Demo With JBL PowerUp Wireless Charging Speaker - BWOne.com - YouTube

Can't find the equalizer from my Nokia Music app.

EDIT:
What i found about it was that USA will get this version right away while Nokia will bring the new version to old Nokia Music users later.

Last edited:

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I suspect I'll be getting the 920 but this time I'll wait until the reviews are in on the things I care about, especially its camera. I am still unhappy with the 900 promotion of the Carl Zeiss lens when the camera itself is simply not that good. So this time I'll wait until I know.

I have a backup plan to get with what Samsung is doing for Windows Phone 8 if it turns out all this latest round of Nokia camera tricks with the 920 turns out to be the same as what they did to promote the camera in the 900.

ATCraiger

Feb 8, 2012
Visit site
The 920 looks like a gorgeous device with all the horsepower I am looking for, but I can't just up and leave my contract to get a phone. If Verizon truly is going to begin advertising and promoting WP8, then it would make sense that they would carry this 920 at the very least. If they end up getting it, then I will most definitely be getting one ASAP.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrianDeeert