Solitaire, the most basic of games, but huge battery guzzler

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Yes, have that installed too, but I play Alphajax far more. When I first got my phone I was all over Wordament though. If anyone wants a game of Alphjax, feel free to invite me to a game, gamer tag is same as my name here. All I ask is that you message me in the app to let me know where I know you from.

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I think I should upgrade to my Treo
Solitaire works great there

solitaire should work computers built after 1982. The fact that it rips into the CPU on my 920 makes me think that there is some undisclosed stuff going on in the background. Perhaps I downloaded some SETI app on error?

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
same with my Lumia 920 , cant hold it while playing
Microsoft should fix this problem, loading time is also longer and when the cards are distributed it tends to lag somehow,(this is the first version of solitaire from Microsoft on wp , may be an update is coming from them in future.)
Peace xoxo

mmcpher

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
I have a 1520 and battery life has been terrific, no matter what apps I'm running. I rarely get the "rapid battery discharge" alerts, and even when I did it proved to be a spike situation rather than a problematic drain.

With the exception of running Solitaire, which, while not causing noticeable additional heat, drove battery use through the roof. Battery life plummeted in very big chunks and went right down to critical. And then when I shut down Solitaire and plugged in it took a very long time to start registering any gains.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I also noticed that subway surfers also consumes a lot of battery, but when I play temple run 2 it works like all other games, not a huge battery drain while playing temple run 2.maybe the developers should fix this soon, I don't want to upgrade my phone. I still love my Lumia 920 and will continue to love it till it dies lol

eruptflail

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
I think its the Xbox live functionality. Almost any Xbox live game sucks my battery and I have an HTC 8x. I never have that big of a problem though.

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
People saying upgrade phone are stupid. It does this same super heating and battery drain on my Lumia 1020. I also tried it on my 920 and 520. Same issue.

It also has nothing to do with being Xbox Live enabled. I have several games I play frequently that are Xbox Live with achievements and I have no problem.

This is simply ****ty code. And if you read the reviews for the app, everyone is having this issue.

For those interested in a solitaire game, I've been using Microsoft's old solitaire game that was first released on WP7. Its made by Microsoft's Game Studios. There is no cloud sync, or Xbox live achievements, but the game play is solid.

http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=ae602c1a-20df-df11-a844-00237de2db9e

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Yet know, I'd agree with you if I was aware of any xbox feature it utilised. There is more to worry about than the odd leaderboard. I am assuming that Halo Spartan Assault does not suffer this? That is both Xbox and graphically way more demanding.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site

electriclamb

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
my 1520 gets hot with this game. I can feel it burning through my case. This is the first game ive had this with and its solitaire of all games haha

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know how to reset statistics for this game please? I've tried reinstalling but that didn't work.

I got an update for solitaire for my windows 8.1 pc and the changeling says reset statistics , hope they will implement this feature for windows phone in upcoming update.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deadpool7788