Sony Vaio Tap 11

melte

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
My Tap is not with me now over the xmas holidays. I am very certain though that I did not download any drivers from Intel. I ran the Vaio Update a few times and downloaded the drivers from there. Strangely enough I suspect that the Vaio Update app did not download all the latest drivers at once but rather does so in batches, so it would be advisable to use the app repeatedly on different occasions over a couple of days.
I seem to have read somewhere on the forums that Sony customizes the drivers for its displays so I don't think it is advisable to download the drivers from Intel.

Another thing I did was to create a brand new Microsoft account after updating to Windows 8.1. That seemed to have solved a lot of issues for me because I suspect that whenever you create a new account, Microsoft resets all the Windows display settings to the factory default (as if "brand new").

Last edited:

Gernot Kogler

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Nice to hear that the Vaio Update worked for you. It does not for me. I did a complete reset on my Tap and started over from the preinstalled Windows 8. Now I have two Updates in waiting Vaio Update which won't install (WLAN, Rescue data blah) and an iSCT Update that won't install either...

While I like the Vaio Tap 11, the software management is a complete mess and absolutely not acceptable for a premium product.

melte

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Thanks again Houkoholic. Your suggestion works.

One thing I noticed about the screen is that the luminosity decreases abit in the bottom-centre part of the screen.
Not sure if there's any way to fix this but it seems only more evident at low brightness settings. I see another reviewer has picked this up:

Review Sony Vaio Tap 11 SVT-1121G4E/B Tablet - NotebookCheck.net Reviews

Still a good display though. There is some glare but quite acceptable and typical for glossy panels. I wonder if any of you have tried any (anti-glare) screen protectors on it? I am interested in this anti-glare protector:

HHI Anti-Fingerprint, Anti-Glare, Matte Finished Screen Protector for Sony Vaio Tap 11

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cagkles124