SP4 14" doesn't seem likely to me.

StevoPhilo

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
As much as I would love to see a larger screen for digital art. I don't see it happening. The reason is just there hasn't been much demand for a larger size than a 12' device. At least I haven't seen it in retail. Now smaller seems to be the bigger thing and remember there was such as thing as the Surface Mini that had been scrapped.

I would expect to see an 8 inch mini if anything. I could see a small sized device selling better for someone who wants more of a notepad computer.

onysi

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
been using SP3 for a year now.. the screen is getting too small for me when I photoshop, and take notes. I actually want a larger screen. i'm stoked on the 14 inch.

jaimeastin

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
been using SP3 for a year now.. the screen is getting too small for me when I photoshop, and take notes. I actually want a larger screen. i'm stoked on the 14 inch.

I would too. My pro 3 works with its high resolution, yet small screen. 14" as always been my favorite, but I want a light weight package... A 14" surface pro 4 would be perfect for this. My dell venue pro 8 is perfect for an 8" tablet that can do more.

I currently keep my sp3 docked to rep monitors and use sp3 screen as a third, but its smaller size keeps it limited to small tasks like email and such...

onysi

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
I would too. My pro 3 works with its high resolution, yet small screen. 14" as always been my favorite, but I want a light weight package... A 14" surface pro 4 would be perfect for this. My dell venue pro 8 is perfect for an 8" tablet that can do more.

I currently keep my sp3 docked to rep monitors and use sp3 screen as a third, but its smaller size keeps it limited to small tasks like email and such...

yeah man, its really small. when I'm taking notes in class, I write about 4-5 words on the ONeNote before I start scrolling to the side to write again. I have to write a little bigger because writing in tiny writing is awkward witth the pen.

CygnusOrion

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
I think SP 14" is just a red-herring. I think there will be just a larger 13.3" or so SP4 with "Smart-Frame" tech that adjusts the screen size so you get a larger screen in laptop mode and a smaller one in tablet mode. I would LOVE an honest-to-god 14" no-compromises Surface laptop with all the fixins, but knowing Microsoft, I've learned to be disappointed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raymowen