Sporadic SDBUS_INTERNAL_ERROR after installing FCU on Surface 3

Gab A

Jan 25, 2016
Visit site
Hi

We have an entry-level (64 GB) Surface 3 with some apps installed on a microSD card as the primary disk space is too small to be the sole storage.

It generally works well but as long as I can remember we regularly (probably monthly or so) get a blue screen with error SDBUS_INTERNAL_ERROR.

The blue screens claims that data will be collected and that the tablet will reboot but the percentage never goes past 0% so whenever it happens we eventually have to force a shutdown and after reboot "fix" the microSD card (as the dirty bit gets enabled).

I was hoping that updating to FCU will solve the issue... but we have already gotten one blue screen and it has not even been a week since we updated.

Does anybody else experience the issue? I am not sure if the problem ever gets automatically reported to Microsoft since the data collection never goes past 0%. So I am speculating that the problem might be somewhat widespread without Microsoft being aware of it... and would like to test this hypothesis...

Thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria