Spotify for WP8

xcharles718

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
After using the app for well over a month, the bugs are becoming more and more of a nuisance. From...
-The sudden stop of music
-The inability to play offline music at times w/o restarting the app a few times or rebooting the phone
-It's tendency to only search for songs and not artist or albums w/o pressing search again
-The song disappearing from the volume playback controls after pausing(like within a minute), thus having to go back in the app and select the song, which in most cases doesn't work, resulting to having to play another song, then go back to your original song

and other things like
-The inability to scrub music
-No radio
-Long load times between songs(even if the song was downloaded)
-No gapless playback
and others.

What worries me is that like the WP7 app, this app will never get updated. I would consider Xbox Music, but the lack of any W7 client, or client of any shape outside of W8 & WP8 a problem for me since I listen on my Lumia, my W7 desktop, and my iPad. Plus, Spotify's music library is larger and includes more music of genres I like(artists like Ben Frost, Madlib, Tim Hecker, & Savant).

Overall, I hope they update this app by the time my next subscription charges comes, or I'll have to drop the service for something that works better on the WP platform, like Rdio.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria