Starfield DLSS update now available in Steam beta, coming later this month for all Xbox and PC players

GraniteStateColin

May 9, 2012
Visit site
Fully enjoying Starfield on Xbox. I've not played it yet on Windows, but will after the DLSS support is in general release (out of beta), so looking forward to that.

Starfield is so deep and complex in a good way, I find that the more I play it, the more I like it. There are so many different things to do, unless you only like one or two of them, I don't see how you could get bored with Starfield. When one activity starts to feel repetitive, do something else. Repeat. You'll eventually get back to the first one, but with so many mechanics, by then so much play time will have passed that it feels fresh again.

There have been a fair number of negative reviews. I don't think they're all from PS fans -- some are sincere. I agree that a buggy for driving around planets and the ability to walk or fly w/o NEEDING to fast travel everywhere would be nice (especially in New Atlantis -- if there's a way to get from the landing area to the upper city without using a fast travel loading screen, I don't know it, and that's clearly something you should be able to walk w/o taking the train). But those are hardly game-breaking problems. They're UI annoyances, like inventory management in every game (I don't think any games do inventory management well).

fjtorres5591

May 16, 2023
Visit site
If you think Starfield is option rich now, wait 6 months for the Official Mods to start arriving in volume.
Planetary vehicles? Count on it.
(Mind you, I'm fine with the backpack..But I would like to be able to call my ship down from the field, like MASS EFFECT 1.)
Crafting kits, new weapons and gear. Some already out on PC, coming to console.
Giant motherships, small fighters and ground attack ships, all custom made. Power armor and mechs, too.
I want an ADAM STRANGE suit and constant thrust backpack.
Those thousand empty worlds won't be empty much longer.
If you can find it in SF and comics, it's coming.

People are still going to be finding new things to do in Starfield 10 years from now.
Just look at Skyrim.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria