Store seems not to know me, wants me to repurchase apps

Fred Wilson2

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
I've had 2 Nokia Lumia phones before (635 and 925), through AT&T. When I got the 2nd one (the 925) and set it up, it prompted me if I wanted to restore from my OneDrive account (I had previously backed up my apps and text with the 635).
I just got a Samsung ATIV SE (from Verizon) and when I first setup up the phone it did not ask if I wanted to restore from a previous backup, even though I signed in with the Microsoft Account.
I've been manually adding apps from the Store that I have on my Nokia, however the apps (that are paid apps) that I've already purchased with my Nokia, are asking me to buy them again. The store seems not to know my account.
Maybe I should power down, remove the Verizon SIM, power up, reset, then setup the phone again, using just WiFI and see if I get the "restore from a previous backup" choice and/or if the Store "knows" me.
Any thoughts ?

Thanks,
Fred

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
You can try 'buying' them - unless it asks for payment details it's not going to charge you and I've seen it just reinstall the apps before that way.

You could also try setting up again since your phone doesn't sound that far configured. Note you can verify a phone backup exists in a PC browser - OneDrive.com/Gear/Options/Device Backups to see if one is stored in your account.

Fred Wilson2

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the reply.
I'm sure a backup exist for two reasons (though I'll manually check), because I originally backup up my Lumia 635 and when I set up the 925, it prompted me during setup if I wanted to restore from a backup, to which I said "yes" and it worked fine. The 925 was restored with all the settings and apps from the 635.
The ATIVE SE never even gave me the option of restoring from a previous backup during setup, and I did setup twice, resetting the phone after the first time to start from scratch.
I'm wondering if I remove the Verizon SIM card, reset and then try it again using just my WiFI connection, it does go through the WiFi setup (and Microsoft account of course), if it would then prompt me if I wanted to restore a previous backup.

:)
Fred

Nerdy Woman

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
On your PC, go to Windowsphone.com and sign in. Go to account settings (click on your name for menu) and remove your old phone so that only your new phone appears in the Account settings. Now go back to the menu and select Purchase History. Your paid apps should appear here and you can reinstall from the list, pushing the app to your new phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dark