'Strawberry Weather' [UWP] the most battery friendly and light-weight weather experience!

white_Shadoww

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
I only installed it yesterday... not sure... right now it's always calling for light rain but it's not :D Like it even says it this morning at 10am but pretty clear outside right now! lol I have to see about the other weather service options I guess!

The default one, that is, OpenWeatherMap isn't that accurate at some places.

The other one, Dark Sky, is available only through in-app purchase, as it is costly. Per person, I have to pay them more than I charge from a user. That is because my app updates the weather in the background every 30 minutes.

You can see the screenshots on the Store to see what Dark Sky offers. Also you can check their website to see if it is accurate. I would recommend that before buying because I don't want a user unsatisfied after paying me.

I am developing this app solely for my love towards Windows Mobile. And to do something more than just using the phone, to save the platform. :)

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Is there a way to turn off action center notification that tells me any upcoming change in weather? Like it tells me that at 1pm it's raining, then 4pm it's cloudy, 8pm should be raining again.... I prefer not to have this kind of notification.

Also, I just traveled last week, when off the plane in new city, if I open the app, it's so slow to open and in fact crashes. I have to try 2 or 3 times with it crashing then the new city information loads up

I dunno if that's enough info for you to know what might be the problem

white_Shadoww

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
Is there a way to turn off action center notification that tells me any upcoming change in weather? Like it tells me that at 1pm it's raining, then 4pm it's cloudy, 8pm should be raining again.... I prefer not to have this kind of notification.

Also, I just traveled last week, when off the plane in new city, if I open the app, it's so slow to open and in fact crashes. I have to try 2 or 3 times with it crashing then the new city information loads up

I dunno if that's enough info for you to know what might be the problem

Currently, there isn't a way to turn off the notifications from within the app, but you can go to phone settings > system > notifications & action for nwo to turn off the notifications.

Does the latest version crash? I guess I have fixed the issue.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Yea some notifications would be neat, like choosing the amount of notification if there are a few types to choose from.

As for the crash, I only experienced it one week ago and then yesterday both times after I got off the plane. I can't say for sure if yesterday I had the latest version or not when it crashed

white_Shadoww

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
Yea some notifications would be neat, like choosing the amount of notification if there are a few types to choose from.

As for the crash, I only experienced it one week ago and then yesterday both times after I got off the plane. I can't say for sure if yesterday I had the latest version or not when it crashed

Does the app notify you of cloudy conditions too? If yes, which source?

Also can you tell me other conditions such as, if there was good internet connection or any other possible reason?

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Oh and trying to think about what could cause it, I just think maybe it something with the last known location was way different than the current location and it crash a couple time before it figured it out.

Internet wise I'm pretty sure it was good connection,

I'll keep an eye out if it happens again

white_Shadoww

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
Oh and trying to think about what could cause it, I just think maybe it something with the last known location was way different than the current location and it crash a couple time before it figured it out.

Internet wise I'm pretty sure it was good connection,

I'll keep an eye out if it happens again

It could be a problem with fetching and applying settings too. I am currently looking into that. Will push an update tomorrow.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deadpool7788