Stream a torrent?

KarmaEcrivain94

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
I'm seriously thinking about developping a popcorn time app for Windows Phone, and noticed how awesome the yts.to API is. It would be perfectly feasable to developp that part, in maybe one to two weeks, but I have no idea how one could Stream torrent files in c#. Can you point me to documentation? Or if someone is intrested in collaborating with me, don't hesitate to PM me :)
I've already started working on the interface with these concepts:
popcorntimemovie.jpgpopcorntime.jpg

startrunner

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
Not sure how many (if any) Windows Phones have the horsepower to do that since the network cards of most phones are too slow and torrenting requires a great bandwidth. You may need a backend service that torrents the movies and streams them directly to users. I love your design though.

JurePurgar

May 4, 2015
Visit site
I think it is possible, however it would be a lot of work since there is no good C# implementation of BitTorrent protocol out there that you could use on mobile. If you don't mind doing it JavaScript maybe you can check jstorrent.com. It uses chrome.socket which is only available in Chrome, so you would have to replace it with WinRT equivalent. And there is the legal issue. You would probably have trouble getting it on the store.

KarmaEcrivain94

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
I think it is possible, however it would be a lot of work since there is no good C# implementation of BitTorrent protocol out there that you could use on mobile. If you don't mind doing it JavaScript maybe you can check jstorrent.com. It uses chrome.socket which is only available in Chrome, so you would have to replace it with WinRT equivalent. And there is the legal issue. You would probably have trouble getting it on the store.

Don't worry about legal issues. We're talking about Microsoft here, not Apple. There are already dozens of (bad) streaming apps out there. Also:
Rwx8a7u.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LilyyVon