Surface GIVEAWAY contestants gather here

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrizzlyStrong

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
hey grizzlystrong, thanks for your reply. i see what youre saying. youd like something like the dell xps 13 2 in 1 or lenovo 720 13 inch that folds back completely flat? i agree with you thats a more pleasing look than the surface book hinge, and also maybe in the near future we will find out why microsoft chose not to design a 2 in 1 laptop.

as to microsoft leaving out functionalities to put in future models: i think companies intentionally leave out things to add to future models of products. look at apple with nfc. nfc was around for years and many phones started having the technology except apple and finally introduced it to the iphone 6, iphone 6 plus, and apple watch. even my lumia 920 had nfc and it came out 2 years prior.

I also so had the Lumia 920 and it felt like in was a step in the right direction. I just feel that Microsoft should just be forward thinking when it comes to their products. But either way I love the designs of all of their devices

GrizzlyStrong

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I think the Book hinge looks stylish, even with that bump. Maybe for those users MS released the performance base.

As for leaving things out from the Surface laptop, it has quite a few things already and the RAM will not be lacking. As for the Type C, it still has to be the norm on smartphones and accessories before being a must have on laptops

I agree that the Book is stylish, but it's not for me its not for many of us, the laptop is, so making screen fold all the way back should be part of this release.

I do think 4GB is not enough, 6 should be the starting point. as for the Type C, even though its not the standard, many many many people keep their Desktop or laptop for 5-7 years before replacing it. My laptop is 6 years old. So why not just add it so we can have something for the future.

k1s23

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
I also so had the Lumia 920 and it felt like in was a step in the right direction. I just feel that Microsoft should just be forward thinking when it comes to their products. But either way I love the designs of all of their devices

their product designs are fantastic. everything looks super clean and you can tell the product development team did a lot of planning to get the products looking amazing. theres always compromises though and the 2 in 1 hinge is one of them. maybe it affected the aesthetics of the device in a negative way to the surface team? maybe it really was a choice based on the surface book already being a 2 in 1? if the windows central team interviews panos again id like them to ask about why the laptop isnt a 2 in 1 device.

ArsonLarson

Jun 2, 2017
Visit site
Hopefully I am not too late. This thread gave me enough reason to register with WC.

My Surface Pro 3 i5 has been abused like a rented mule. The keyboard is still the original and the "S" key is worn out but it still works just fine. A new Surface would be amazing. Everyone else in the office is totally impressed with this little computer so far.

ArsonLarson

Jun 2, 2017
Visit site
Hopefully I am not too late. This thread gave me enough reason to register with WC.

My Surface Pro 3 i5 has been abused like a rented mule. The keyboard is still the original and the "S" key is worn out but it still works just fine. A new Surface would be amazing. Everyone else in the office is totally impressed with this little computer so far.

k1s23

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site

Hey arsonlarson. the contest ended may 31 so hopefully you just made it! not sure about the time zones. anyways, the surface pro 3 is a fantastic tablet and IMO really got the sales going for the surface line of products. glad to see you want to stay within the surface brand! for me itll be my first time to get a surface computer so im looking forward to getting the surface laptop.

Sergio The One

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Who wants a free Surface Laptop from Windows Central!!!!!:wink::wink:
That's a ridiculous question, right? Who doesn't!!!:smile::devil:

Rule No.3 Participate in our Surface Laptop forums. (Each individual post you make counts as an entry!):excited:

So I made a new thread to post "GIVEAWAY talks"...:angel:

I love giveaways, I only once won one. Hopefully luck will be on my side this time again. I really have a lot of use for it too.

tbrowne123

Jun 3, 2017
Visit site
It looks like a great product but I'm not sure if the fabric on the laptop would last more than a year and a half of good use. Would Microsoft have any form of warranty for that specific component of the product?

Pandaz3

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
I guess a Surface Laptop would be nice, but I am looking to buy a I-5 Surface Pro, maybe a M3 version with a little more memory. My wife loves her Surface 2 even though it is Win 8.1 RT. She never uses a type cover so that would be unnecessary expense. I guess that would mean I would get the Laptop. Ooh thats nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maritku