Surface Pro 2 - Essential Apps

Chromeo_El_Lobo

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
What are some essential apps for the Surface Pro 2? Apps that are essential on the surface, apps that make the Surface experience better, or apps that are just fun to have around?

bilzkh

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
What are some essential apps for the Surface Pro 2? Apps that are essential on the surface, apps that make the Surface experience better, or apps that are just fun to have around?
Hope this helps:

Facebook
Twitter
Fitbit

News Apps

Al Jazeera
CNN
Business Insider
NBC News
Financial Times
Wall Street Journal

Multimedia

Deezer
Songza
Nokia Music
Shazam
Vimeo
MetroTube
Hyper for YouTube
Podcasts
Hulu Plus
Netflix

Productivity

Remote Desktop
Translator
Teamviewer
Network Speed Test
Torrex (Torrent downloader)
Acrobat Reader
Microsoft PDF Reader

To make full use of your stylus:

OneNote for Metro
Fresh Paint
Autodesk's Sketchbook Express
Wacom's Bamboo Page

Games

Wordament
Six Guns
Halo: Spartan Assault
Asphalt 7
Reaper

dwigfor

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
I'd add Sketchbook Express. I'm thinking of buying Sketchbook pro, but it's full desktop program and it's $50. Wish they had the $1 mobile version (with layers and brush controls), but since we've got full win8, we can run that. For games, I love Rayman. I bought it for wp8 as well..

I haven't started using it yet, but I also bought FruityLoops FL Studio, which is musical loop remixing app.

I guess it depends on what you want to do with your sp2.

rocketboy

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I'd add Sketchbook Express. I'm thinking of buying Sketchbook pro, but it's full desktop program and it's $50.
Up until this latest version it used to be $100. It's an amazing program even at $100 and a ridiculous bargain at $50 if you're at all serious about stepping up from express.

Chromeo_El_Lobo

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
I have my Surface Pro 2 mostly for school and gaming purposes. However, I wanted use this thread as a sort of catch-all list for the best apps to use on the SP2.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eozplxz