Swapped my Lumia for a Titan II

genuine555

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
I did, and I replied.

However I think I figured out what was wrong with the L900. Or at least MY L900....

So if you notice, the L900 takes a few seconds to recongize something is plugged into the mini USB port. I know that this happens on all L900's. It literally takes about 10 seconds before it will start charging or syncing with zune... etc.

THAT is the problem. When the battery is completely dead, and you plug it in, it tries to star the phone (white screen) then it realizes the battery is too dead to boot the OS (shows the battery status icon). The phone turns completely off (that is what NOKIA needs to FIX!) and it starts the whole cycle again.

Phones need to know whats plugged into it reletively fast otherwise it will try to boot the OS from a dead battery then realize it can't. That should be able to be fixed with a software update and hopefully Nokia does that.

They lost a customer because of it and I think I would easily consider the next Nokia device if they do in fact fix that issue.

Now I did say that when I used the Nokia provided power supply it did end up charging up. I think that's because the higher wattage is recognized faster by the device. They need a software fix for lower wattage chargers.

From what I can tell this happens only when trying to charge from a usb-port on a pc/laptop.

Sounds more like a power issue on your pc I'd say. Stable and clean power supply through a usb-port depends partially on the PSU. If it's deliverance of wattage isn't stable enough, or insufficient in any way, your usb ports won't provide enough wattage or at least not stable enough, so it would be favorable to think that it could cause those types of issues. Even if not noticable when working on the pc, your PSU could simply be (just!) insufficient, or barely.

In this respect you can very much assume that using the provided charger is indeed much more reliable when a clean stable supply of power is needed.

I have had my lumia 710 flat out dead a few times, but it still charges through the pc just fine. At least for now. I have had similar issues with my PSU 6 months ago, only it was even more unstable and now and then sent my pc crashing. Had it replaced by a Corsair 850W unit, and it is as stable as a rock.
Don't have any issues charging even when it's flat out dead.
But when it's completely flat, I just have to wait maybe half a minute before it powers on.

TaliZorah

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
From what I can tell this happens only when trying to charge from a usb-port on a pc/laptop.

Sounds more like a power issue on your pc I'd say. Stable and clean power supply through a usb-port depends partially on the PSU. If it's deliverance of wattage isn't stable enough, or insufficient in any way, your usb ports won't provide enough wattage or at least not stable enough, so it would be favorable to think that it could cause those types of issues. Even if not noticable when working on the pc, your PSU could simply be (just!) insufficient, or barely.

In this respect you can very much assume that using the provided charger is indeed much more reliable when a clean stable supply of power is needed.

I have had my lumia 710 flat out dead a few times, but it still charges through the pc just fine. At least for now. I have had similar issues with my PSU 6 months ago, only it was even more unstable and now and then sent my pc crashing. Had it replaced by a Corsair 850W unit, and it is as stable as a rock.
Don't have any issues charging even when it's flat out dead.
But when it's completely flat, I just have to wait maybe half a minute before it powers on.
It was any charger i used that wasnt the official nokia cable. Wall, car, pc, it didnt matter. I tried them all.

genuine555

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
It was any charger i used that wasnt the official nokia cable. Wall, car, pc, it didnt matter. I tried them all.

I only ever used the official ones for wall and pc. So can't give you any feedback on that. maybe it's just a flawed battery ? Tried a replacement for that ? Don't know but could be...

bigkevbosky

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
I just bought a Titan II that should be delivered this week. Chances are I'll be selling my Lumia to cover the cost. I really like the Lumia, but I had a chance to use a Titan II at an AT&T store this past weekend and a few things stood out :

1) Sometimes when trying to hit the "home Windows" button on the Lumia, I miss, and because the vibration is so weak, sometimes its hard to tell if a button has even been pushed. The Titan II seemed easier to hit the capacitive buttons because of the curved glass, and the vibration seemed stronger.

2) The "feel" of the Titan II just seems more "hand fitting" than the Lumia. The soft touch plastic and curves seem to really feel good in my hand, better than the Lumia.

3) There's no battery drain when using a light background. I've only had AMOLED Windows Phones, but I really like the white background. I've kept mostly dark due to battery drain, but the Titan II won't have that problem because its an SLCD. I did notice the Nokia "clear black" is significant, but so is a 4.7" screen compared to a 4.3".

4) The "sound bug" on the Lumia is too annoying - tired of keeping it at 30/30 just to hear keyboard sounds, but then have to use a really quiet ringtone so it doesn't blast, then have to make sure to turn down the sound to 5/30 just to prevent my alarm from scaring the crap out of me in the morning.

5) I know its a minor thing, but the Titan II has a notification LED and flip to silence. Nice touches.

6) THE CAMERA - I haven't used the Titan II camera yet, but the Lumia camera is AWFUL. I'm convinced I'd have won the Focus 2 Photosynth contest if I had the Titan II instead of the Lumia. Stupid bad camera costing me a new phone.

7) The apps - For all the press Nokia gets about its apps, there's only one I really feel adds significant value - Nokia Drive. And I don't use it that often. However, some of the HTC apps I can see using much more regularly - flashlight, notes, lists, HTC's hub.

8) Button placement - I'm still really hating the sleep/wake button being on the side of the phone on the Lumia. I keep hitting the "volume down" button instead of the power button. I prefer the placement of the power button on the Titan II.

The one thing I'm concerned about is the reception, because the Lumia does have significantly better reception than any other phone I've ever used. However, I've read three or four Titan II reviews, and they all said it has good reception and faster LTE speeds than the Lumia. Guess we'll see.

cp2_4eva

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
So, I had the Lumia 900 since release and was happy with it...kinda..until recently.

I've been through 3 L900s and the thing I didn't like was how the wfi signal would be sketchy. Not stable and I kept on having to switch it on and off to get it to act right.

It also randomly cut off on me a few time and was very difficult to get to power on again. I bought an HTC Titan 2 yesterday and here is my break down. Mind you, I've only had it for a day, so thing can change over the weekend.

Camera and camera options
Screen size
Sound (I can actually hear my email chime clearer through the music. On my Nokia it was harder to hear)
Sound (Different sound options to adjust)
Sound (it generally louder than the Nokia)
Signal (I don?t know if it is better or worse than the Nokia yet)
Build (it not Nokia, but it?s still pretty good)
Touch response (seems a little snappier than the Nokia)
HTC Hub
Flip over to automatically go to speaker phone
Curved bottom so when upside down glass doesn?t touch the table
Power button placement

Things I don?t like:
Colors (they seemed a washed out and a bit faded compared to the Nokia)
Video (probably goes along with color. Not as vivid as Nokia)
Reflection on screen. Nokia doesn?t have this as much

So, I'm probably admitting this now, but maybe I have been drinking the Nokia L900 juice and finally realize...that juice didn't have enough vitamins and nutrients. Not enough electrolytes (it's what plants crave)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cagkles124