Synchronising Band2 Fails

mullern

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Anyone else with issues syncing Band2 with Health App? I also realized that login to MS Health Dashboard is not possible and produces an error.

Josef Schachinger

Jun 12, 2014
Visit site
same here, just had a support chat with Microsoft - here is the gist of it:

I definitely understand, Josef. Actually, upon checking suggestions of our higher level of support, they are notified this is now an emerging issue and I really do apologize with the hassle. It is possible that there is a system update that occurring now and it affects most of the Health apps as well as our dashboard website.

Don't worry, as our system engineers is now working on it. What best we can suggest is for your to wait for 24 hours to try to sync and sign in again. We will also make sure to notify you once this system update is already done. Again, my sincerest apologies for what happened.

ChrissieNL

May 6, 2016
Visit site
Hi Josef,

Maybe it would be good to mention your last post at the Microsoft Community mentioning the latest status update given by the Surface tech support:

I do apologize but as of the moment, this issue is still on going. We have indeed received reports from our other clients that are experiencing similar concerns that we have been advised by our support to extend the observation period to 7 business days. Until then, we will be providing updates with our clients through email. Again, we would like to apologize for this inconvenience.

I was actually hoping the Windows Central crew would give some attention to this post ;)
Just to see how many other people are affected with this issue...

Chris.

Josef Schachinger

Jun 12, 2014
Visit site
Hi @ChrissieNL,

thanks for updating the state here.
I am trying to update only a few threads in the Microsoft Community, to keep people focused on them.

And yes, I am also hoping, that Windows Central would contact Microsoft about this issue and maybe get some more information.

Josef.

marchius

Mar 11, 2016
Visit site
From last Friday my phone motion tracking stopped syncing. The band itself sync perfectly, but phone motion data stuck at 21/9. As I do not wear the band all day long, phone motion tracking was filling in the gaps. Now it does not. Anybody else experiencing the same? Phone Sony Z3c MM. Tried uninstaling the app, reverting to old copy of system 4.4 android and no luck...

mb-dape

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
From last Friday my phone motion tracking stopped syncing. The band itself sync perfectly, but phone motion data stuck at 21/9. As I do not wear the band all day long, phone motion tracking was filling in the gaps. Now it does not. Anybody else experiencing the same? Phone Sony Z3c MM. Tried uninstaling the app, reverting to old copy of system 4.4 android and no luck...

I have the same problem with my Band 2, I'm also using an Android phone. So I tried to use it with my Lumia 950 XL instead. The Lumia does not show the "server sync-icon" at all, probably because it has never been able to sync since it was installed.

So the conclusion will be that this is a server side problem, not an app problem.

Overall the Windows Mobile version of the Microsoft Band app is quite frustrating to use, compared to the Android version. It's much slower, sometimes it works good but sometimes it just freezes or give error messages when it tries to communicate with the Band or accessing my online profile. Closing the app does not help. Most of the times it helps to restart my phone, then it's okay for some time but suddenly it can't communicate with my Band any longer.

Since the last update to the Android version of the Microsoft Band 2 app it has been working flawless. One feature I miss in the Windows Mobile version is the option to change how often the Band sync with the phone, to save battery life both on the phone and on the Band. I don't know how often it's syncing with the phone in the WM version.

I can see why Windows Mobile users are looking for alternatives.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deadpool7788