Texting trouble 950XL

MrEeks

Jan 6, 2016
Visit site
I've had the 950XL since about January. Love the phone. Recently however I have been having trouble with MMS, pic/video messaging. I get a message that says have a Download button, but I click it nothing happens, on LTE or WiFi. I never used to have a trouble with MMS they just showed, the pic was displayed and the video had a play button. Only thread I could find on here didn't help much. It referenced APN settings, which after looking it apperasd i have an internet APN listed but no MMS APN listed. This maybe happened after a recent update? Is anyone else having trouble with MMS. The person referenced this Mobile Carrier Settings Website, I selected ATT and tried to enter the settings but they didn't take. Anyone else have any ideas?
Thanks

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I've had the 950XL since about January. Love the phone. Recently however I have been having trouble with MMS, pic/video messaging. I get a message that says have a Download button, but I click it nothing happens, on LTE or WiFi. I never used to have a trouble with MMS they just showed, the pic was displayed and the video had a play button. Only thread I could find on here didn't help much. It referenced APN settings, which after looking it apperasd i have an internet APN listed but no MMS APN listed. This maybe happened after a recent update? Is anyone else having trouble with MMS. The person referenced this Mobile Carrier Settings Website, I selected ATT and tried to enter the settings but they didn't take. Anyone else have any ideas?
Thanks

have you tried a soft reset (restarting phone)? It's a quick solution that solves most minor issues

PGrey

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, there are a few other threads, this is a MS/provider issue, along with some others (VoLTE and WiFiC being my sore points), but the APN is fortunately an easy fix, if you know about it.
Good luck to the technically no-so-literate, not sure what happens there, if they set up without installing a SIM first (maybe this just doesn't happen, given that this user tends to buy from a retailer?).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cagkles124