The 1520 is starting to make me lose faith in Nokia

ThaKrazyOne

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Well a few weeks ago I got my wife a Lumia 1520. She is coming from iOS and the iPhone 4S. Her initial phone of choice was the 1020, but fell in love with the 1520's size and display. Less than 2 days later the SIM slot stops working. OK so we went to AT&T and got it replaced on the spot no questions asked. Now less than 2 weeks go by and the screen gets what I call stress cracks on the phone. 1 small and 1 medium that are mainly on the side. AT&T direct nor the warranty center will accept it so we have to go through Asurion for a warranty replacement. Got the phone wednesday and was preparing it last night. Almost done. Already called AT&T for the IMEI swap on the account. Final backup and all done. Then the WiFi won't work at first. Shortly after the screen starts to jump up and down almost like if it was vibrating. It was hard for me to go into settings and reset the phone. Then it went to snow like old TV's did. Sometimes it would look like if would try to load correctly, but back to snow and about a minute, straight to black. The bottom keys work and vibrate but the display is black. I tried a hard reset but that didn't do anything but wipe the phone and not help the situation. Does anybody know if I have to send this phone also back to Asurion or can I walk into an AT&T store for an in-store swap. My 920 I have now never gave me any problems like that. I also had an 810 during my stint with T-Mobile and before that a 520.

bozza72

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
That's sounds like bad luck. Take it back to the repairers as should fix under there own warranty.
Hope you get better luck when its fixed

atanga betayene

May 23, 2014
Visit site
The 1520 is a great phone you just not lucky and to all the peeps here,if possible try to get the international version of it,wireless charger build in,and 32gb onboard.😊

Kellzea

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
Reminds me of the ring of death on the xbox. My brother went through 6 consoles. My launch console is still working just fine.

Sometimes things break.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eozplxz