The Lumia 830 is UNBELIEVABLE!

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
I have owned by 830 for nine days now, actually had a sim in it for six (apparently checking the sim size was too much responsibility for me).

There is little to add other than how fantastic this phone is. I have owned the 710, 800, 900, 920, 928, ATIV S, and this phone. The size of the ATIV S, which was actually my second to last phone, was always my favourite. Unfortunately I destroyed it last December, and picked up an unlocked 928 (I am on Rogers).

All I want (but do not need) and do not have is different colour backs. I wouldn't mind having a few colours to alternate between. Many Bell stores do have accessories, I have found, but you need to ask for them.

Admittedly when I first bought the device I actually had some buyer's remorse and wondered if I should return it. As soon as I actually got the device going that went away immediately, and I have not looked back.

I currently have an Ativ S on Bell, and am thinking about picking up the 830 when I'm eligible for my upgrade in December. Do you find it a worthy upgrade? How does battery life compare between the two devices? I went to my local Bell kiosk and they had a single black one in stock, but couldn't sell it to me because they hadn't received pricing information or a SKU yet, which is completely insane... I did find it to be a very good looking device and it felt great in hand. I was nervous about the screen being larger at the same resolution, but it's a fantastic display. I'm concerned about the smaller battery and burning my upgrade for only marginal performance improvements.

UPDATE:

I pulled the trigger and grabbed an 830 yesterday. I do not regret it at all! The phone is fast, the screen is fantastic, and the battery life is exponentially better, even with a slightly smaller capacity.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
XavierSall