The rolling mess of lies continues

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
and fight with what? 4% marketshare? how does that fair against the 78% Android and 17% iOS canons?
Ask yourself if it's better than the current situation.

Also, the problem isn't that IE now identifies as mobile and other sites assume mobile=iPhone. THe problem is that IE DOES identify itself as a crapload of things (see the first post).

eortizr

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone, I need you help on contacting UC Browser Support and asking for a Desktop UA that shows as IE11 on Windows 8. The reason:Since GDR1 for WP8.1 Microsoft broke the UA for Desktop mode on IE11, now mostly everything that use to load as Desktop comes up as Mobile, UC Browser already takes care of this with its 'Desktop Mode' but 'Youtube.com'. Youtube will not stream its HTML5 videos on 1080p unless the browser is IE11 on Windows 8 or Chrome. And having a 1520 we all want to use that 1080p screen right?Currently UC Browser does not advertise its UA as IE11 on Windows 8 therefore Youtube HTML5 videos only gives an option for 720p. Please help me by contacting support and asking for the UA to be changed to IE11 on Windows 8 or at least give us the option to add our own custom UA.Thanks.

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone, I need you help on contacting UC Browser Support and asking for a Desktop UA that shows as IE11 on Windows 8. The reason:Since GDR1 for WP8.1 Microsoft broke the UA for Desktop mode on IE11, now mostly everything that use to load as Desktop comes up as Mobile, UC Browser already takes care of this with its 'Desktop Mode' but 'Youtube.com'. Youtube will not stream its HTML5 videos on 1080p unless the browser is IE11 on Windows 8 or Chrome. And having a 1520 we all want to use that 1080p screen right?Currently UC Browser does not advertise its UA as IE11 on Windows 8 therefore Youtube HTML5 videos only gives an option for 720p. Please help me by contacting support and asking for the UA to be changed to IE11 on Windows 8 or at least give us the option to add our own custom UA.Thanks.

Not so likely to happen. They won't just listen to you and change it. They need GOOD reasons. Also, I don't think they can change it to be completely the same as IE's. I don't think they are even allowed to do that. But it may happen since they are similar (if I got it right, all browsers on WP need to use Tridend which is IE's rendering engine or whatever).

Also, the two UA strings (from IE on WP, and from IE on W8) are preety similar, nearly identical.

This is the one I'm getting on W8.1 (hence Windows NT 6.3) and on a x64 bit processor (hence WOW64). I also enabled a lot of features that are turned off by default so that may have caused some other tags to appear also, not sure though.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; WOW64; Trident/7.0; .NET4.0E; .NET4.0C; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; rv:11.0) like Gecko
and this is the one I'm getting on WP with desktop mode
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.2; ARM; Tident/7.0; Touch; rv:11.0; WPDesktop; Lumia 1520) like Gecko
So they should behave nearly identical, though, maybe the ARM and Touch tags will make problems. They should get rid of them, yes..
IDK how it goes with UC.

As for the contact with them, try on facebook. Not sure how good will that be, but atleast try it.

eortizr

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
has the User Agent been fixed in the new update that is rolling today? When selecting Desktop Mode, what does whatismybrowser.com shows now?

JasonKruys

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
It says internet explorer 11 on Windows 8

Sent from my Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk (with free typos)
uremaram.png

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
has the User Agent been fixed in the new update that is rolling today? When selecting Desktop Mode, what does whatismybrowser.com shows now?

Yep. Says IE11 on Windows 8.
In Mobile it says IE11 on iOS7.

Hey better than Android I guess. :p

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site

Yep. Says IE11 on Windows 8.
In Mobile it says IE11 on iOS7.

Hey better than Android I guess. :p

EDIT: actually, I realized I haven't even updated wit the latest fix yet.... :)

blackdaemon

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
The worst thing about this is that eBay links stopped working. They now redirect to wap home page with no way to get to the mobile/desktop version.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cara.di