Third row of tiles makes start screen too small on 4.5" and below

nikolas88

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
On my 920, I have third row option tuned on, and i use only middle and large tiles - and my screen never looked better. Small tiles are too small using that option though.

vikrant6

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I have Lumia 820 and initially I thought my start screen look shabby with extra row of tiles.. But after using it for a day and playing with different background pics, I am actually loving it :) Here is the latest layout...
wp_ss_20140415_0004.png

bitcrazed

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
Love the extra column on my 920. It was a little different at first, but within 15 mins, I was hooked. Now I can use more larger tiles that display more info rather than just icons/symbols.

Love it.

Stadifer

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
I think it's more just a jarring experience because everyone is used to a specific set of sizes for the tile. Squeeze on an extra row of icons everything is going to have to scale down to fit them onto the screen.

At first I wasn't sure if I'd like it or not. My biggest concern was fat fingering the small tiles and hitting a nearby tile instead but that hasn't really been an issue. You could just use medium and wide tiles to compensate for the smaller scale of the tiles though.

tag12895

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
I love it on my 920, but only with stock/bland themes. Having a background image makes it too hard to read text on the tiles

waqqas31

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
I love the extra tile space on my 920.

Now I can up-size certain formerly-small tiles to medium (so that they show their label) and I can fit a lot more small tiles (e.g. for all my messaging apps).

rcazador

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Not for me. I find it entirely usable, and as someone who hates scrolling all the time just to get to my apps, this saves me a lot of time. I'm using a 4.3" Lumia 822 and even calendar tiles like Simple Calendar are readable. All this talk about small tiles being unusable is ridiculous, they're still larger than the keys on the Keyboard, if we can type then we can use the third column for smaller screens as well.

allanbarthelot

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
looks beautiful on 520, everything looked a little too small at first, but after experimenting a bit, it looks amazing. I can fit so much more into the screen without having to scroll up and down

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deadpool7788