Tip for recent drivers if you don't run TF3D on Touch Pro2

anon159272

Sep 20, 2007
Visit site
I don't use TF3D or Titanium on my Touch Pro 2, just old Windows home screen (the one with the small type and the horizontal lines between the various sections). This is for memory and speed; I happen to like access to various email accounts with one touch, tasks, etc. and I don't care about eye candy.

This also makes using the Redfly really easy since there's no worry about having to turn off TF3D or strange Titanium graphics artifacts. But on recent drivers, the video would not transfer from the phone to the Redfly on connection.

I finally figured out why. Open your \Program Files\Redfly\AppAdapt.xml file (I usually copy it to my PC, edit, then copy back to the phone when finished), and change:

Code:
		<DisableTouchFlo>
			<When>preconnect</When>
		</DisableTouchFlo>

to

Code:
	        <!--DisableTouchFlo>
			<When>preconnect</When>
		</DisableTouchFlo-->

Then I also commented

Code:
		<EnableTouchFlo>
			<When>disconnect</When>
		</EnableTouchFlo>

so it looks like:

Code:
		<!--EnableTouchFlo>
			<When>disconnect</When>
		</EnableTouchFlo-->

Just in case that was going to try starting TF3D every time I disconnect, which I definitely do not want.

Commenting the first block (with "preconnect") solved the video transfer problem and the RF works great again. For some reason the RF installer assumes that we are all running TF3D when in fact it is a terribly slow memory hog. (oops, opinion slipped in there).

slimcane

Aug 20, 2009
Visit site
Good find! I pretty much stopped updating since 01050286. The immediately following release of 01051330 just screwed things up.

Has the latest release stopped messing with the dialer, or did that have to be changed manually by you, too?

anon159272

Sep 20, 2007
Visit site
Hey slimcane - it now says "skin_only" instead of "yes" upon installation. I asked Celio about it and if I understood their answer correctly, skin_only will change the dialer when the RedFly is connected. but since I've had bad experiences with this in the past involving losing my dialer permanently, I wasn't willing to risk "skin_only" at this moment in time. So I set mine to "no" before connecting and I'm happy with it. Celio said there may be problems using the HTC dialer when connected to the Redfly. I haven't noticed any issues, but I haven't been in a situation where the phone rings while I'm connected to the RF yet.

Another user said the dialer was working and posted a screenshot. That was on AT&T with the Tilt 2. That leads me to believe that Celio has fixed this issue, but maybe someone with a CDMA TP2 wants to be a guinea pig. I also noticed that the appadapt.xml file is much smaller now, and appears to be tailored to a subset of devices upon installation. At least I think it was a lot bigger before.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Usher2hell