Touch screen digitizer Microsoft Lumia 535

W

WPCentral Question

I need to replace my touch screen glass as it is broken. Mine is 2C version of it. There are people selling universal versions of touch digitizer online saying its compatible and original with Microsoft name on the top of it. I want to know how many versions of it are there in the market and which one is MS genuine product. or Are universal one's compatible and works fine with my device ? Also where can i buy a genuine MS Touch screen digitizer for Lumia 535 online india ?

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Be wary on line. You get what you pay for. A lot of them, even if they say Microsoft on them, aren't OEM, just Chinese knock offs. Also when replacing digitizer on the 535 you can't just change it and it works. It didn't for me and I had to 'dead' flash it. A Microsoft service centre can replace it, but, for the cost if replacement, why not plump for something like the 550? At least you will then have 4G LTE device and a more up to date chipset, or the great 640, or even a Blu Win HD LTE?

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Thank you Mad Cabbie. I am now using 640xl and 535 as well. It was my previous device and however i want to keep it and use it as a spare one.
Depends just how bad you want a back up device. I love my 930, but my wonderful 1320 is never far away, so I get the reasoning behind it. I guess it wouldn't hurt to contact your local MS service centre, but is the expense worth it?

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
I also use a 640XL now but I still cant get to leave my lovely 520 alone... Always there when I need it.
Yep, have to agree. People laugh at my old 6 inch house brick, with its lowly dual core, but, compared to android devices I have, it is a rocket ship on 8.1!! 10 works well on it as well. Strange how you get attached to things eh?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria