Trio of Nintendo emulators: VBA8, VGBC8 and Snes8x.

Paul Acevedo

Writer
Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Re: Trio of Nintendo emulators. Jan 11: more realistic buttons.

illidanx, do you plan to add landscape support to the emulators' menus? That's pretty important for MOGA users. After that, the next step would be to add MOGA controls to the menus as well. When using the controller to play the phone like a portable console, we'd probably all like to keep our screens clean of fingerprints.

Lemme know if either of these features are in the cards, as I'll be doing an article on MOGA supported games and apps within the next week.

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Re: Trio of Nintendo emulators. Jan 11: more realistic buttons.

illidanx, do you plan to add landscape support to the emulators' menus? That's pretty important for MOGA users. After that, the next step would be to add MOGA controls to the menus as well. When using the controller to play the phone like a portable console, we'd probably all like to keep our screens clean of fingerprints.

Lemme know if either of these features are in the cards, as I'll be doing an article on MOGA supported games and apps within the next week.

Landscape menu is easy to add, it's just no one has ever requested it before you. Since you have asked now, it would be available in a near future.
I thought about the idea of using MOGA controller to control the menu before but this is quite tricky. All the controls in windows phone are designed for touch. If I want to support controller, I would have to add customer event handlers to these controls, which is tedious. I will keep this in my list and will get to it after I have dealt with other requests.

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Re: Trio of Nintendo emulators. Jan 16: VBA8/VGBC8 v2.2 are available.

You can now download v2.2 of VBA8 and VGBC8 with more realistic virtual buttons.

ArthJar

May 26, 2013
Visit site

Now that a new version is out maybe you could let us use our own textures for customized buttons.
Like you upload a template and we can modify it so that we can have a more personal button layout.

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

Now that a new version is out maybe you could let us use our own textures for customized buttons.
Like you upload a template and we can modify it so that we can have a more personal button layout.

that's a good idea but given how complicated it is to create a texture, i'm not sure how many people would use it. You cannot use a simple .png for the texture but have to convert from .png to .dds with a tool made by microsoft. I will keep it in my to-do list and tend to it once other features are done.

Mark section

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site

Any way to remove the pink colour from A and B button?

Sent from my a phone

tardismatrix22

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site

Thanks!!! The emulator works perfectly unless you try to maneuver things to quickly, at which point it crashes. Otherwise it is great, and I have no crazy battery drain L920

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Re: Trio of Nintendo emulators. Jan 20: VBA8/VGBC8 v2.3 are available.

Updated to v2.3 today:

2.3.0:
- Fix a bug where cheat codes of certain length cannot be entered.
- Tweaking the sound a little bit (hope it does not break anything).
- Add landscape support in most frequently used pages.

ArthJar

May 26, 2013
Visit site

Another idea:
Let us submit translations in our languages, so it becomes more flexible for foreigner users that are not very familiar with English.

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

Another idea:
Let us submit translations in our languages, so it becomes more flexible for foreigner users that are not very familiar with English.

Thanks for the offer. I will clean up the app first, i.e. using app resource file instead of hard-coded text, then I will start accept translation.

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Re: Trio of Nintendo emulators. Jan 23: VBA8/VGBC8 v2.4 are available.

VBA8/VGBC8 v2.4 is now available with 2 changes:
- set your own button mapping for MOGA controller
- go to settings directly from a game.

The certification process for these 2 apps is much faster than in the past. I wonder if it is because MS has stepped up their game or because they prioritize popular apps. I notice 6tinder was able to update every other days.

JimiDiGriz

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site

Is there any likelihood of a fix or workaround for the Bluetooth profile deletion issue for MOGA on certain phones or is that a hardware limitation?

tardismatrix22

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site

VBA8/VGBC8 v2.4 is now available with 2 changes:
- set your own button mapping for MOGA controller
- go to settings directly from a game.

The certification process for these 2 apps is much faster than in the past. I wonder if it is because MS has stepped up their game or because they prioritize popular apps. I notice 6tinder was able to update every other days.

Pretty sure its priority to popular apps

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital