Type cover not working.

rlnovo

Nov 14, 2016
Visit site
Hello,
I recently bought a type cover keyboard for my Surface Pro 4 and it stop working at second day.

It really function for about 2 minutes and after that it seems it is not detected by Surface and nothing works on it.

Does anyome have same problem and knows how to solve it?

Thanks,

Roberto.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hello,
I recently bought a type cover keyboard for my Surface Pro 4 and it stop working at second day.

It really function for about 2 minutes and after that it seems it is not detected by Surface and nothing works on it.

Does anyome have same problem and knows how to solve it?

Thanks,

Roberto.

Have you tried disconnecting the keyboard and reconnecting it?

Also, check windows update and make sure your surface pro is up to date

rlnovo

Nov 14, 2016
Visit site
Yes, I checked updates and it is ok. Also disconecting and connecting don't function.
I only got it operates sometimes after restart and only for several minutes.

Thanks for reply.

CEOTRI

Nov 15, 2016
Visit site
I have the same issue. It has been going on for over a month.... I removed drivers, i reinstalled drivers. I did the restart, bios restart, every kind of restart you can do. I even went as far as doing a Windows Reset, not My Documents but everything else removed. Still didnt work.
When the WIN10 update was released last week it worked for 3 days.... Then NOTHING AGAIN. I have once again DONE EVERYTHING and NOTHING.
When i go into BIOS and turn all the options off and on again, and sometimes the curser shows back up and works. When that does happen...which is rare, i can sometimes get the curser to pop up when the user account login screen appears, but as soon as the password box pops up NOTHING.
I am very close to just tossing the Surface Pro 4 and going back to MacAir.
DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT ELSE I CAN DO?????

onlysublime

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
the first thing was you should've tried a different keyboard. maybe you have a bad keyboard.

you can also disable autoswitching between tablet mode and desktop mode. bc if your keyboard is defective or starting to fail, that will cause the autoswitch to happen. technically, the physical keyboard should still work while in tablet mode. but during that switchover it sometimes glitches, forcing you to disconnect and reconnect the keyboard.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
otispit