UK Lumia 735 discontinued already?

chancooluk

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I contacted EE customer services this morning to see if they could get me a good deal on a PAYG Lumia 735. The guy I spoke to told me that they have no stock of the 735, and won't be receiving new stock in the future, "it appears to have been discontinued" he said.

I then went to the Carphone Warehouse site to check the offers on there for the 735, only to find that the only colour they now offer is 'Green', and that they currently have no stock. CPW used to stock Black, Green, Orange, and even had the exclusive Blue colour variant. I then spoke to CPW customer services and the woman told me that they are not expecting new stock of the 735 because it has been replaced by the Lumia 535.

It's a similar story with the other networks. O2 are out of stock. Vodafone have stopped offering the 735 on PAYG, and only have stock of the Pay Monthly contract version. Tesco Direct / Tesco Mobile have also removed their variant from the website.

I find this very odd, the phone has only been available for a few months and Microsoft advertise the 735 with Cortana constantly on UK TV, which seems pointless if you can't actually purchase it from anywhere.

Maybe it's just because they have too many low-mid range phones competing with each other, so they have decided to kill the 735 in favour of the rest.

Edit: It appears Three are still offering the the phone, but with an inflated ?200 price (inc top up), they used to sell it for ?160 (inc top up).

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I'm curious to know if they phone is selling well (since they are advertising it constantly on TV) and that's why there isn't any easily found or is there just simply low stock as usual...

This is hardly surprising though....

chancooluk

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
It would make sense for them to be out of stock if the phone was selling well, but the fact that both EE and CPW have said it's being discontinued is not a good sign. EE and CPW are the biggest phone retailers (to consumers) in the UK.

EE have completely scrubbed all signs of the 735 from the website. The only information remaining is an advert for the free fitbit flex, which shows a pictures of the 735, 830 and 930, but the text underneath reads "When you buy a Lumia 830, or 930, you get a free Fitbit? Flex?."

For CPW to remove all of the colour variants apart from green (out of stock) is a bad sign too.

soap141

Jan 25, 2015
Visit site
even amazon dont have any in stock and the ones in stock are silly prices and mobile fun are out of stock but that applies to nearly all of their nokia stock could be why the update(denim) is taking so long to come through

chancooluk

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
even amazon dont have any in stock and the ones in stock are silly prices and mobile fun are out of stock but that applies to nearly all of their nokia stock could be why the update(denim) is taking so long to come through

It's definitely been stealthily discontinued, at least in the UK. Maybe they are going to announce a replacement at MWC? Seems strange given that its such a recent model.

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
I contacted EE customer services this morning to see if they could get me a good deal on a PAYG Lumia 735. The guy I spoke to told me that they have no stock of the 735, and won't be receiving new stock in the future, "it appears to have been discontinued" he said.

I then went to the Carphone Warehouse site to check the offers on there for the 735, only to find that the only colour they now offer is 'Green', and that they currently have no stock. CPW used to stock Black, Green, Orange, and even had the exclusive Blue colour variant. I then spoke to CPW customer services and the woman told me that they are not expecting new stock of the 735 because it has been replaced by the Lumia 535.

It's a similar story with the other networks. O2 are out of stock. Vodafone have stopped offering the 735 on PAYG, and only have stock of the Pay Monthly contract version. Tesco Direct / Tesco Mobile have also removed their variant from the website.

I find this very odd, the phone has only been available for a few months and Microsoft advertise the 735 with Cortana constantly on UK TV, which seems pointless if you can't actually purchase it from anywhere.

Maybe it's just because they have too many low-mid range phones competing with each other, so they have decided to kill the 735 in favour of the rest.

Edit: It appears Three are still offering the the phone, but with an inflated ?200 price (inc top up), they used to sell it for ?160 (inc top up).
I'm looking into this. Contacted EE via press channel an Vodafone AU as well (35 discontinued because of Network issues apparently). Will report back in short details here and more details on the other Windows blog (you know the one)

Last edited:

mark2410

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
hey, i found this too but...... i did just go into an EE store and long story ended up in two and they both had them in stock. so if you really are after one (and i got for 130 plus mandatory 20 top up) then id suggest going and trying actual real life shops.

lucazzo

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Weird thing happened to me when I picked mine up in December at Three store.
They had display units and ads, but when I asked the sales rep for one, he couldn't find it anywhere in the database to check out.
Eventually he just went into the stock room and got it (seems they had several of them). Said it was odd that it didn't figure anywhere on their database.

imagicaxeman

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
Try Argos for a sim free one - ?189.99 last time I looked in I believe orange, black or green....

ps the green ones awesome, I have it myself.

davidD93

May 28, 2013
Visit site
The Blue one appears to be back in stock at CW - I'm tempted to get one next week before they run out again. Is this a sign they are just slow with stocking back up?

soap141

Jan 25, 2015
Visit site
thats what im worried about is the 341 and 11484 updates hopefully we might get them this week unless all the servers are still clogged up with the windows phone 10 download

Paul1266

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
It is odd given the level of advertising on TV here in the UK. Its a great phone, I have the 930 as well but find I tend to use the 735 more for the in-hand feel and the fact its customizable (I got the Cyan, Green, Orange and Grey shells).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deadpool7788