Unlocked Rogers 1020 - does internet sharing work?

pipe7

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Looking to buy a Rogers Lumia 1020 to unlock and use on a different carrier. Currently i have a Rogers branded Lumia 900 unlocked. Everything works fine on my current carrier except for Internet Sharing - doesn't work and fairly well known issue. I also know that the ATT 1020's have a similar issue (ATT "broke' this in their custom ROM)

So before i got out and buy, has anyone tried this yet? Really hoping if i drop $600 + $50 for unlock that I'll actually be able to tether.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Not sure about the 1020 but its definitely broken for the Rogers 920 on T-Mobile US after installing Access Point. There are posts on the forum where it has worked on some carriers but definitely not on T-Mobile US. Someone using Saskatel might be able to confirm.

Erwan12

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Yes many times. Btw I just picked up my 1020 and selling my unlocked Rogers 920 if any one wants it

Sent from my RM-877_nam_canada_234 using Tapatalk

pipe7

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Anyway I picked up a Rogers Lumia 1020 outright, unlocked it for $8 using cellunlocker.net, put in my SaskTel SIM, and downloaded Access Point app. Everything so far seems to work perfect, including Internet Sharing (even on LTE). Pretty happy. :)

Siddhartha Zuga

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Hi! I want to tell u how to unlock Lumia 1020 AT&T or any operator sharing internet, the only thing u need to do is

1.- You need to configure ur Nokia Lumia 1020 AT&T in USA COUNTRY, and this is in Settings, Language+Country and there in Country Select UNITED STATES, and behind u will see a bottom that says: Needs to Restart, u will need to restart it.

2.- Go to Market and search this app: access point
access point | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

3.- You can install app froms USA, like Pandora too.

4.- When finished now u can change your country ( for example, im from Mexico) and restart again (if ur from USA dont do this step)

5.- At last u need to go SETTINGS and search ACCESS POINT (Punto de acceso en espanol) and u need to configure ur DATA SETTINGs and MMS settings for ur operator (APN TELCEL, ROGERS, T-Mobile, etc..)

6.- When u finished u need to ACTIVATE that profile

7.- At last the only thing u need to do is to go to Tethered Wifi or Conexion Compartida and activate it, this is a thing u need to see:

When u activate Tethered, i will see how many persons can connect to ur Nokia Lumia 1020, if says 5 persons, u hav AT&T locked and u will not share ur internet, BUT if says 8 persons, congratulations!! u unlocked tethered connection!!!

And thats all! i do it with my Nokia Lumia 1020 At&t and im from Monterrey and works!!!

if u need help just send me an email: sidemzuga@hotmail.com

See ya!

Siddhartha Zuga

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Hi! I want to tell u how to unlock Lumia 1020 AT&T or any operator sharing internet, the only thing u need to do is

1.- You need to configure ur Nokia Lumia 1020 AT&T in USA COUNTRY, and this is in Settings, Language+Country and there in Country Select UNITED STATES, and behind u will see a bottom that says: Needs to Restart, u will need to restart it.

2.- Go to Market and search this app: access point
access point | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

3.- You can install app froms USA, like Pandora too.

4.- When finished now u can change your country ( for example, im from Mexico) and restart again (if ur from USA dont do this step)

5.- At last u need to go SETTINGS and search ACCESS POINT (Punto de acceso en espanol) and u need to configure ur DATA SETTINGs and MMS settings for ur operator (APN TELCEL, ROGERS, T-Mobile, etc..)

6.- When u finished u need to ACTIVATE that profile

7.- At last the only thing u need to do is to go to Tethered Wifi or Conexion Compartida and activate it, this is a thing u need to see:

When u activate Tethered, i will see how many persons can connect to ur Nokia Lumia 1020, if says 5 persons, u hav AT&T locked and u will not share ur internet, BUT if says 8 persons, congratulations!! u unlocked tethered connection!!!

And thats all! i do it with my Nokia Lumia 1020 At&t and im from Monterrey and works!!!

if u need help just send me an email: sidemzuga@hotmail.com

See ya!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cara.di