Unsupported CU phone users: What will you do now?

garisa

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
The Surface Phone isn't coming - even if it were released next month, who would risk $500 on the chance it's ever updated?

I think they want to get down to just 1 customer, then Nadella wil take him out to lunch and gently tell him it's over.
Though this Surface Phone would could more than one thousand bugs.😉

Oh, so now I've got a goal to achieve! To be the last man standing, and to punch Nutella in face for ruining a great mobile OS!😂

Sent from mTalk on Windows 10 phone

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Maybe we should let things play out before we plan attacks. Might just end up liking the end product. If you punch him, you won't get invited to the party. 😉

Sent from mTalk on my SP4

BrunoMG

Sep 6, 2016
Visit site
No luck so far in selling my lumias. Got an offer for 1 six-pack of budweisers and a jar of pickles, though. But I refused. Don't like pickles. Budweiser....not perfect but....ok.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
If I needed additional apps more than I enjoy almost everything about WM (a lot of it under the covers), I would already switch, even if I am using phone that get CU. There are apps I would like, but so far none that I NEED.

I'll keep using WM for as long as I can get decent phones (new or used) at a decent price and MS isn't actively messing things up to drive people away so they can close shop (which I would not rule out).

jimh12345

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
I don't want to punch Nadella - he seems like a nice, smart guy, if a bit too corporate. He doesn't see Microsoft making money in phones. I'd say he lacks imagination.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
@libra89
I'm using a Mate 8 and Nexus 6P as my primary phones, but I had to get rid of most of my WMs. Just didn't have a good reason to keep them. I still have a 640XL that I play around with. I'd love to get back into WM full time, but it just doesn't do everything that I need at the moment. I'll keep testing the waters, though. If it ever fits my needs again, I'll be back in without a doubt.

Sent from mTalk

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
@libra89
I'm using a Mate 8 and Nexus 6P as my primary phones, but I had to get rid of most of my WMs. Just didn't have a good reason to keep them. I still have a 640XL that I play around with. I'd love to get back into WM full time, but it just doesn't do everything that I need at the moment. I'll keep testing the waters, though. If it ever fits my needs again, I'll be back in without a doubt.

Sent from mTalk

Totally understandable. At least you still have one to play with.

Kevin Rush

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
"Unsupported Creators Update (CU) phone users, what to do now?"
Keep using and supporting your existing Windows phones. They still work.
Or
Buy new Windows phones models that are supports by the Creators Update. There are 13 models getting the update. Buy one that works for you and continue to support Windows on phones.

My 950XL works great and I'll continue to use it.

Support what you like, or be part of the problem.

Best Wishes.

FXi2

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Recycle the Icon and picked up a 950 and 950XL. VZ doesn't really want the WM business which is fine. I can use these for a year or two and see how the wind blows on something better down the road. The costs are not high for these devices relative to what you get for hardware, so I can be a part of the solution and leave if they close up the Win 10 shop.

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
Which is the better option for an unsupported phone - going back to AU now that Upgrade Advisor is working,or staying on Creators Update which I got through Insider Slow ring ( after getting CU I opted for Release Preview Ring) ?
Creators Update is working nicely on my phone but it might not do so in future.
Thanks !

garisa

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
I would stay on CU which works nicely for you. One my friend started to have problems with few latest AU builds with his Lumia 930, and he actually wants to try his luck with CU.

So, just stay with CU for now as you know that it works will for you, and if you face any issues you will be able to get back to AU again. That's what I would do.

Of course, I do know that Upgrade Advisor didn't work for few days around this weekend, but I think that it wasn't something Microsoft that did intentionally. And I think that we all agree that the reason for not giving CU to these older Lumia's wasn't poor performance actually. ;)

Sent from mTalk on Windows 10 phone

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria