"Updates for Lumia 920, Lumia 820 and Lumia 620" - official notice from Nokia

Scipio Magnus

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
Well after keeping of charge all day, after firmware update for my Lumia 920 I was able to get 14 hours of use, this is with full time mp3 and Audible books.

sp8y

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
Got sick of waiting for the OTA update on my unlocked 820 so due to the issue I've had with it turning itself off I decided to update via Nokia Software Update.

All went OK in fact it was probably the easiest update (that wipes all user data) that I've ever done. No issues & it was done in around 30 minutes then a further 45 minutes or so to set up apps etc (this would have been much longer but I used the backup settings).

So will see how it goes over the next few days.

jrlive

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
You have your answer right there! Switch that speed to 3g!

Ok I did that and it HAS made a marked improvement - though I am unsure as to why the old firmware with the 4g setting didn't drain as much (perhaps something in the firmware has changed to more regularly seek out a higher connection speed?).

Anyway my battery now drains at 0.6% per hour when in standby (better than before) and is back to how it was under heavy usage. - about 10% per hour streaming video.
Thanks for the tip

how1ard

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
No doubt us owners of unbranded handsets in the UK will have to wait FOUR MONTHS like we did for Portico, very poor Nokia, VERY poor! Please don't mention flashing my phone with Navifirm etc I'm not invalidating my warranty.

hamzie11

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
No doubt us owners of unbranded handsets in the UK will have to wait FOUR MONTHS like we did for Portico, very poor Nokia, VERY poor! Please don't mention flashing my phone with Navifirm etc I'm not invalidating my warranty.

Firstly, stop being a little drama queen - especially with your baseless conclusions

secondly flashing wont void your warranty provided you are smart enough to flash it back to stock ROM if need be

jrlive

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
whoever is typing everything in the center, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD STOP IT.

jrlive tries resets (hard and soft)?

Yeah I did the reset - my problem with battery life does seem to be fixed now after some advice to change the 'highest connection speed' to 3G... I don't have 4G yet. I am not sure why it was not a problem on the old firmware though (it was set to 4g before too)

cysuresh

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
I had updated today to the 1308 firmware to my lumia 620 after waiting for a week time for OTA. I used nokia software update for retail (thanks to all those shared the links and infos), My Lumias current firmware is 1030.6407.1308.0002. I checked for my other storage fix, it was not there then I forced extras+info update through the QR links(thanks to all for sharing), Then it is through, Big relax.

Note: When it reboots it need a data pack activated sim to sign in your existing Microsoft account for reinstall your backups using wifi, if not you will end up in error that needs a soft reset to signin to your microsoft account.

Last edited: