Using HERE to drive all around Europe

radio2

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
I am considering using my Nokia 720 as a navigator to drive all around Europe. Can anyone tell me whether or not this is possible without using data? I have downloaded the maps for several different countries.

Is it possible to drive all around using just the GPS and previously downloaded maps? Or do I also need data access while on the road?

radio2

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Ok great! Anyone have advice on car chargers and how to best set up the phone in the car so it is easy to see while driving?

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
I do this every day with HERE drive on a L920. Very reliable. Worst I ever had was it take me to the back entrance of a hotel rather than the front.

I use the official Nokia car mount. I also pulled a cable up behind the console that exits right below where the L920 is mounted.

OzRob

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
I am considering using my Nokia 720 as a navigator to drive all around Europe. Can anyone tell me whether or not this is possible without using data? I have downloaded the maps for several different countries.

Is it possible to drive all around using just the GPS and previously downloaded maps? Or do I also need data access while on the road?

Have you paid for an upgrade to HERE Drive+. As far as I am aware the 720 comes by default with HERE Drive and not HERE Drive+, the difference being that HERE Drive only lets you get turn-by-turn navigation in the country in which the SIM card is registered when you first initialize your phone.

You say you've downloaded maps for several different countries. This shouldn't be possible in HERE Drive, only in HERE Drive+, unless you're talking about HERE Maps, which is a different thing. You can download other country maps in HERE Maps but you won't be able to use them in HERE Drive for navigation, only in HERE Drive+.

To do what you want you will need to have HERE Drive+ installed on your 720 and have the maps for each country downloaded. Then you can navigate without using data.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ramzankhan1