Vibrate makes it sound like it is falling apart

jayruguitar

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed in apps such as "Massager" that it has varying levels of vibration intensity. If someone could create an app that would apply this theory to our vibration function tied to the notification services, then we could throttle down the vibration on notifications. Reducing the vibration greatly reduces the risk of the "Rattle" we're experiencing. I'd pay a dollar or two for that! Get to work! :p

JohnDoes

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
AW: Vibrate makes it sound like it is falling apart

I have not downloaded the SDK yet but I don't think that this is possible without rooting
Sent from my RM-821_eu_euro2_248 using Board Express

Mpm277

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Wow, obviously some of you aren't paying attention lol, this is NOT normal. Wasn't normal on the 900, isn't normal on the 920. The many users who have proper devices are proof of this. My original 900 rattled, 4 weeks & 14 devices later, I got one that didn't

See you have way more patience than me. There is NO way I would make it anywhere close to 14 devices before I'm just like, "F this.. getting something different".

clmbngbkng

Nov 10, 2008
Visit site
I sent an email to Nokia Support asking about the vibration/rattle thing.

Just to be clear, the vibration on my Lumia doesn't bother me at all. I do, however, want to know if my device is defective. If it's defective, and the defect may cause issues down the road, I'd replace it.

Anyhow, I emailed Nokia Customer support, and I've attached a screen shot of Nokia's response.

I guess I'll forgive their misspelling of "rattling". They're Finnish, after all.

This response, along with checking out the demos at a couple of stores exhibiting the same vibration rattle, leads me to believe that these are how the phones are made.

And to those who believe otherwise...hope you find/have found a device you enjoy.

That's interesting because I contacted Nokia US and they are looking into it more. There is something going on.

ilifecomputer

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
normal or not, this is the most hilarious sounding vibrate pattern ever pulled off on a phone. the initial mini-pop to hard motor sound... lol. if so many lemons weren't floating out there, i'd consider exchanging but for now i'm ok just having a funny phone.

tibere86

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Went to a corporate store tonight to exchange my phone. While waiting for a rep, I tested both 920's they had on display...both rattled. The three replacement phones the rep brought out for me all rattled too. I ended up not exchanging my phone as it doesn't exhibit any of the other build quality issues. I guess it is what it is.

Alex Rodriguez Jr.

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
See you have way more patience than me. There is NO way I would make it anywhere close to 14 devices before I'm just like, "F this.. getting something different".

No point in switching, Nokia has made the best device ever with the best support. I'm waiting until a new shipment comes into my store here to switch it

goldnight

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
It's even worse if your phone happens to be upside down in your pocket, or in a backpack. Whatever is causing the rattle is exaggerated by the phone being turned upside down.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Coming from a phone where there vibrate function often chose not to work and when it did it wasn't really that noticeable I was looking for a phone that would vibrate so I notice it. The 920 ticks that box for me pretty well. I did notice the other day that the very first part of the vibration does make a slight rattle but it doesn't bother me at all and if Nokia themselves are saying its not an issue that sort of settles the issue for me. I noticed that when there's a call and I move the phone I only hear the tone anyway so it makes it even more of a non issue as that's the only time I'd really get any sort of prolonged vibrate issue.

GomzyRockz

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Its not the rattle I am concerned about, its the time. if i am in my office, I noticed that any sms or whatsapp mesg does a 3 step rattle, which is way too long that I have switched it off. Now I miss some of my emails and messgs when I am in office. HMM.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria