W10M Insider Bugs & Defects Thread (pre 10586.164)

Status
Not open for further replies.

abduz

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Re: BUILD 10166 : BUGS Thread

About 7 days after having the build the text messages stopped going out and stopped coming in, odly I was able to reply to one person but that was it. Did anyone ever find a solution to that? Please quote me so I get a notification if you respond.

This could be a memory issue ...which device are you using? Alternatively, try checking background settings through battery saver.

Settings > System > Battery Saver > scroll down to Battery Saver Settings > Add 'Messaging' app if it's not already added

Hope that works out for you and please let me know if it does in case I [or anyone else] face that issue, since I only just installed 10166 on my 930. Good luck

Oluwatoyin Babata

Jul 25, 2015
Visit site

none of my third party apps show up in apps. i cant uninstall them, and the ony way i can access them is through the store. i select my app in the store, it says app is installed, after a minute, i can open the pp through there. unless theres an option for pinnig the open app, i have to go through this everytime i want to open an app.

Marc_With_a_C

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

Anyone have a fix for updates not being detected through search for updates. If I click on an app I know needs an update it will then detect it and let me install but only for that one. Reboots don't seem to help

anon(5383410)

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site

Groove Music takes forever to index new songs when you add them. I'll throw it out there and say it's because you can't use it to sync music the way you could with Zune. Syncing was almost instantaneous with Zune.
:'(

stokes1510

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site

With no one being able to use the store it might because of people needing to be on build 10240 so maybe we will see that build on mobile next

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

Does WP10 no longer support multiple instances of the same app? I started an email draft, hit Start, and opened outlook from the tile to look up something in another email. After that I couldn't find he draft instance, I needed to browse to the drafts folder. That was easier in WP8 1, it would just keep the draft "open" in another process.

abduz

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site

Groove Music takes forever to index new songs when you add them. I'll throw it out there and say it's because you can't use it to sync music the way you could with Zune. Syncing was almost instantaneous with Zune.
:'(

Its still a step up fro​m the previous Music app, as it stand now, it's easier to use, create playlists etc. but unfortunately you still need Windows Phone desktop app to sync hopefully, with time, this improves and they will allow syncing directly from the app by dragging and dropping playlists etc in the same way it worked with zune.

So far, the updates I noticed with Groove app compared to Music app, are familiarities from Zune, so here's hoping they keep following in Zune​'s footsteps with improvements.

abduz

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site

Does WP10 no longer support multiple instances of the same app? I started an email draft, hit Start, and opened outlook from the tile to look up something in another email. After that I couldn't find he draft instance, I needed to browse to the drafts folder. That was easier in WP8 1, it would just keep the draft "open" in another process.

Surely these are things they will iron out as they progress, the MS apps for 10 are already miles better than those they had for 7/7.5/8/8.1 so just have patience.

sunbee

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
Most times the screen locks me out without I press the power button while using the phone and today I simply tried to replicate that and found out how on my L730 running WM10 10166 build. Just double tap on either corner (empty space) of the navigation bar and the screen locks out. Not sure a bug, hardware problem, or a feature.

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site

This could be a memory issue ...which device are you using? Alternatively, try checking background settings through battery saver.

Settings > System > Battery Saver > scroll down to Battery Saver Settings > Add 'Messaging' app if it's not already added

Hope that works out for you and please let me know if it does in case I [or anyone else] face that issue, since I only just installed 10166 on my 930. Good luck

I already switched back to 8
1, I didnt try your solution, but too many other people complaining about this issue and not having a resolution caused me to switch back earlier today. I'll wait it out until people think its really good enough to use daily even for some more regular consumer likes.

zamanw100

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Re: Main bugs and bug fixes in 10149

List of issues that I have found using Build 10166 on my Lumia 925, how I resolved them and which issues still remain:

1. Battery drains like crazy. Tried soft reset and hard reset but no luck with that. Had to back to WP 8.1 for this specific issue.
2. Bluetooth don't connect with Microsoft Band. No resolution for this.
3. Microsoft Health App crashes every time I try to launch it. Resolution: uninstalled the app and then reinstalled it.
4. People cannot sync certain contacts from Outlook.com. "Possible" Resolution: don't make any changes to contacts a little be before, during and after installing Windows 10 for mobile.
5. Cortana can't keep track of your Inner Circle. (More of a feedback than bug).
6. Cortana for WP 8.1 is better than Cortana for Windows 10. Every web search opens up Edge.
7. When call come in, the phone automatically goes to silent mode. (No Resolution for this)..
8. The device keeps heating up like an oven whenever I try to make a phone call, keep using Facebook, or even take few shots using the Camera App. (No Resolution).
9. Apps like WhatApp, Viber, Skype, keeps crashing randomly. (No Resolution).

Other than these bugs, I really love what Microsoft has done with the platform. I can happily say that they are up to something revolutionary.

Martijn Baas

Jul 26, 2015
Visit site

I think I found a bug, hopefully one of you kwons a solution.

When I missed a call and returnd it the on my lockscreen and tile will still say that I missed one.
How can I fix this.

Maybe it stays some where in this thread but I couldn't find it.

Sameer Bhasin

Jul 26, 2015
Visit site

Hi All,

I have installed Windows 10 Technical Preview build 10166 fast ring on my Lumia 720, first attempt was totally flopped faced as follows:
1) No wifi
2) No Data Usage
3) Slow.

Hard Reset, and reinstall 8.1, again installed Windows 10 Technical Preview build 10166 slow ring on my Lumia 720, this time installed nicely wifi and datausage is working but following issues are appearing every day:
1) Hangs for sometime, and need restart.
2) Very slow.
3) Truecaller its not working at all.
4) Facebook event list doesn't get open in one attempt.

Has any one else faced similar issues.

Regards,
Sameer.

Thusitha Manathunga

Jul 26, 2015
Visit site

Mobile hotspot get disconnected when the phone is locked. This is happened with every 10 developer preview and the bug is still there even with the build 10166. I think this bug is not noticeable by most of the users. This is happened with my Lumia 925.

Ita Chi

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site

Most times the screen locks me out without I press the power button while using the phone and today I simply tried to replicate that and found out how on my L730 running WM10 10166 build. Just double tap on either corner (empty space) of the navigation bar and the screen locks out. Not sure a bug, hardware problem, or a feature.
Its a feature. You can disable it i
navigation keys in settings.

Edward_g

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site

I think I found a bug, hopefully one of you kwons a solution.

When I missed a call and returnd it the on my lockscreen and tile will still say that I missed one.
How can I fix this.

Maybe it stays some where in this thread but I couldn't find it.

I'd like to get an answer on this as well. It just started and I updated on day one without any problems. Now a number on outlook email shows up as well (on the tile) when there are no emails in there.
So both emails and phone tiles are doing this.

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site

I'd like to get an answer on this as well. It just started and I updated on day one without any problems. Now a number on outlook email shows up as well (on the tile) when there are no emails in there.
So both emails and phone tiles are doing this.

The phone this is an issue, but on outlook there probably is most likely actually an unread email, try to go to your desktop email and view all unread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eozplxz