Wake from sleep

Nutmegz

Oct 27, 2015
Visit site
Is anyone else having problems with their SP4 periodically not waking from sleep (I'd say 50% of the time it wont wake up and I have to hold the power button to restart it).

CraigCole

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site
Yep. That's a "feature" of this new device. However, since I STOPPED using Edge altogether my display driver crashes, general flakiness and other irritating issues have decreased by at least 75 percent. Try Chrome or Firefox instead.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Yep. That's a "feature" of this new device. However, since I STOPPED using Edge altogether my display driver crashes, general flakiness and other irritating issues have decreased by at least 75 percent. Try Chrome or Firefox instead.

I use edge as my primary browser, just fine.

Nutmegz

Oct 27, 2015
Visit site
It is definitely not in hibernate. It turns on fine (I see the keyboard turn on and can adjust the volume if music is playing). The problem is the display doesn't turn on and I have to do a hard reboot to get it back up and running. It seems to be happening 90% of the time now.

boltman2013

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
It is definitely not in hibernate. It turns on fine (I see the keyboard turn on and can adjust the volume if music is playing). The problem is the display doesn't turn on and I have to do a hard reboot to get it back up and running. It seems to be happening 90% of the time now.

I think at least in mine, the sleep from timing out is different than the lid sleep. I turned off sleep when lid is closed in favor of sleep timer. So I set do nothing when lid is closed and sleep at 3 or 10 minutes.

Drayk

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Interesting. This was happening to my SP3, i7, 256ssd, 8gb ram. I have the power button and close the lid set to sleep. Sometimes when I press the power button to wake it up, it will take 10 or 15 seconds to wake. Pretty frustration. I have to say this delayed wake up hasn't happened since the "November update", though....(knock on wood!!!)

polbit

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
I had to exchange my 2nd SP4 due to complete touchscreen failure, and the new one now has the wake issue - about 1/3 the time the screen will not wake up from sleep (or hibernate) - the keyboard does though... No matter what combination of short-press, long-press, keyboard re-attach voodoo I perform, the screen remains blank, and I have to cold-boot it. Ugh!!!

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
komalrahim