Attachments

• walnutskin.jpg
    walnutskin.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 11

worwig

Jun 12, 2015
Visit site
Looks good.
I thought about putting a skin on mine, but I worry about trapping the CPU heat and shortening the battery life.

Cane Prevost

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
I've only just installed it so time will tell if it holds up. It does have a lifetime warranty though so I'm guessing they'll send me new pieces should they break.

Cane Prevost

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
How does that leather one work with the screen reversed? Looks great. I love the feel of the natural materials. Picking up my laptop and feeling the warm texture of the wood skin is great. Less slippery than aluminum and it stays warmer when cold and disipates the heat when it gets hot.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
How does that leather one work with the screen reversed?
Reversed is how I use my Surface Book at my desk. Reversed with the screen facing me, with two external 23" monitors above it. Reversed, it will fold flat so you can write on it. I spent a couple hours writing on it today, in fact, working on an assignment in Discrete Math class.

With this case, in the reversed configuration, it will lie flat, but there is enough material there that the magnets don't hold it in that position like they normally would, so there is a slight bit of bounce. You will have the flap part that is from the bottom piece sticking out, unless you do like I do and fold it under the base. It would be nice if there were magnets in the base part that would hold the flap in this position for use in the reversed configuration, but alas....

Folding it flat in the reversed position does not seem to me to add any excess pressure on the hinge, which would be a major concern since it would be like a lever, applying greater force on the hinge than what is applied at the opposite edge. Thankfully, it seems that the pressure on the hinge is minimal.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
K9dog161616