Want to buy a new battery but a legit one

arielwp

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
Title sums it all.

Phone's battery has gone pretty bad, I figured out it should be best to buy a new one. But I'm not sure where to buy from and if the OEM batteries are okay as well. Any suggestions for a legit battery that won't screw up my phone?

Huge thanks

anon(9275303)

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
Not sure where you're located, but if you're in the USA then PALCO Tech is an option. They are an authorized repair center for the Lumias. They had new, legit batteries for the 950s when I emailed them earlier this month on a quote for my phone. Battery replacement was quoted as little over $50 plus $10 shipping. You normally have to mail the phone to them and they will send it back when repair is completed.

pgoelz

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Not sure where you're located, but if you're in the USA then PALCO Tech is an option. They are an authorized repair center for the Lumias. They had new, legit batteries for the 950s when I emailed them earlier this month on a quote for my phone. Battery replacement was quoted as little over $50 plus $10 shipping. You normally have to mail the phone to them and they will send it back when repair is completed.

$50????????????????? What an incredible ripoff!!! Do you realize what a single 3AH lithium cell costs? I fly electric model aircraft and $5/cell is about right. And that would be a high discharge current high quality cell.... overkill for this application. Add cost for the casing, electronics and profit and you are still far from $50. At that price, I would go with an aftermarket battery and take my chances.

One more thing the phone industry needs..... standardized replaceable batteries.

Paul

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
fonejoy.com has original parts. I haven't checked for batteries for the 950 specifically. They are in the UK though, so shipping may be costly. When I've bought things from them, they got here (US) pretty quickly.

arielwp

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
sweet!
great site, do you know any other sites like this? decent prices and almost everything you can think of. thanks much

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babra4151