Warning for ike2000: Personal Attacks or Insults

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
User: ike2000
Infraction: Personal Attacks or Insults

Administrative Note:
Message to User:
[WARN]Personal Attacks or Insults to Members- Constructive discussions, debates and free speech are encouraged in the forums. However, it is not constructive to either criticize or insult another member because their opinion differs from yours. Consider the tone of your posts before pressing the submit button. If your are irritated by a post, thread, question, or topic; you are in no way obligated to respond and are encouraged to move along to another thread.
[/WARN]

Original Post:
[QUOTE="Ahmad Ayesh, post: 0"]After being unable to unlock my Nokia 1520, I spoke with the FCC they advised me it is voluntary at the moment no carrier is 100% obligated to unlock till a law is passed.
But she advised me that everyone should file a complaint with the FCC and they will serve at&t. that in its self can help make things easier I will be doing that tonight and everyone should.[/QUOTE]

Much empathy for the dilemma you and many are facing at the hand of ATT, the juggernaut. I must however inform you that FCC and the Wireless industry are head-and-neck - no difference of opinion between the two. As a matter of fact, Tom Wheeler, the new FCC Chairman, is a (former) lobbyist for the wireless industry.

Don't bother reading the links the AT&T-mole on this forum has posted. If you do however, you will observe that: Wheeler in essence, has written a carte blanch to the wireless industry - an unrestricted power to act at their own discretion and unconditional authorities to act as fit, in framing the UNLOCKing policy. There is no teeth in the agreement, actually there is no agreement, but a consensus to look into unlocking. They are asked to form their policies and post them on their web sites, in a 3 - 12month window ... that's the agreement. AT&T can come back and entrench the unofficial "2 months for active customers" and "6 months for the prepaid." FCC will accept that as a rule.

This is another of Obama's sugar-coated poison to the hands that put him in power. His appointments and believes are 180 degrees from the image he portrays. We the people, again, have been hoodwinked on the poker table, by Obama and the imperialist powers.

I tell you what, I have no faith in FCC doing something. You will be better of using a t-mo LTE mobile hotspot, I'm definitely leaning in that direction. Moreover, there are too many McDonalds and Starbucks across the landscape ... you can browse, call and text from their packing lots and go home to your WiFi, than paying the demanded ransom.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
codingpanic