WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Damn! Dropping Gino "I just wanna stop" Vanelli on us.
Had to. It's interesting when you get to straddle generational shifts; you're reminded that there are older ways to sometimes better articulate timeless thematic situations.

It's why I listen to a wide range of music to find the best way to say certain things.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

As a big fan of Spotify, I must admit that they created the playlist
Maybe I'm too old school, I don't think I'll ever use stuff like that seriously. Maybe just for discovering music bit I'd want to own the stuff and make my own mixes.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Maybe I'm too old school, I don't think I'll ever use stuff like that seriously. Maybe just for discovering music bit I'd want to own the stuff and make my own mixes.

I get that, but I'm sure that you're more into music than I am so I can picture you doing that.

For me, the playlists I have created have been out of practicality over how everything sounds and flows together. Currently, I have a playlist of all of the country songs I listen to, because there are some songs I like in that genre and it's a way to keep them all together. I also have a playlist of songs that I'm obsessed with at the moment too.

Edit: I somehow missed the ownership comment. I think you are. I love being able to play whatever I want whenever I want. The CDs that I own are clunky but I do use them occasionally in my car. I find that I only buy the album if I must. Otherwise, I'm good.

Last edited:

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

I'm with you there. I've never used Pandora or Spotify or any other streaming service. I listen to my mp3 collection which I've been acquiring since about 2000 during the Napster craze. I don't make playlists either, I just pick a genre and go from there.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

You can make your own mixes/playlist on Spotify. You can then download them on your phone or tablet to listen offline.

You can share your mixes/playlist with friends and if want with the world.

Spotify makes a daily mix for you based on your music selection and previous listening. You can end up with several mixes made by Spotify but you don't need to listen to them.

Then you can also search for playlists by genre etc.

You can also add music from Shazam to a playlist.

It's a good service. Is it perfect? No but it's decent.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I'm with you there. I've never used Pandora or Spotify or any other streaming service. I listen to my mp3 collection which I've been acquiring since about 2000 during the Napster craze. I don't make playlists either, I just pick a genre and go from there.
I have tons of music like that as well. I lost some to faulty hard drives.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

It would appear my supervisor is in full "cover yo *** mode". It seems like I need to respond in "get off me" mode.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Ah, my mom told me to buy a cheap phone for the same kid who destroyed his phone that I previously bought him in May. So I guess the search resumes.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Ah, my mom told me to buy a cheap phone for the same kid who destroyed his phone that I previously bought him in May. So I guess the search resumes.
Buy the kid a flip phone. And tell him "if you break it, you buy the next one."

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I like the way you think
I wish it was that simple. Unfortunately there's family politics involved here with my mom's sister.
I'd buy her a flip phone and give him hers instead. So when he breaks hers,she breaks him. Problem solved - politics eliminated.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Finally, the polytunnel is complete. Just the actual polytunnel, nothing inside it yet. But this is the most important part.

e63a377730e09328c111c0a171b7e6e1.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maritku