WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
Kiss and Bally 8ball were the early ones I played...
Then things got complicated with Xenon (with flyover tube, multi balls etc) and then there was Pac-man pinball, probably the worse crossover ever was..

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I was really looking forward to rolling the dice and using the 9 Pureview as a daily driver. Again, I think they nailed a lot of elements...it's just where they missed, they missed badly.
It's such a polarizing device, really. That screen sings, man...I've got access to some quality screens. The G7+ and the Mate 20 Pro look the sharpest, the V40 is balanced, but the Mi 9 and the 9 Purview have the most enjoyable to look at.

The Qi and IP rating are a nice touch. While no 3.5mm, the audio via USB-C isn't bad. I don't anticipate issues with the radios -the 8 had very good ones.

The gestures, while annoying, you can get used to it.

Here's the flip side. I can go to B&H and find a good condition used one for $250 (likely the single SIM). Insane value. If one of my friends wasn't so fickle, I'd have grabbed one and sent it for my other friend's semi pro photographer. I had gotten him a 920 just to play around and he took to it liken duck to water and was getting some awesome shots from it (wish it was a 1020, but I couldn't find one at the time).

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
My biggest learning curve is going to be the camera. I really liked that on P the 9 Pureview the images were processing a bit faster. On 10 it's on some molasses type ****. Normally, it doesn't bother me as I take pictures on the slower side anyway (I like to set up the shot vs doing the quick snap business). Even so, I do multiple takes and this is where the slower processing speed of the 9 Pureview just kills it for me. Maybe there's another update coming where if it processes st the speed I saw on 9 to make it more usable for me.

Could I still use it as a daily driver substitute? Yes, based on my current usage. I'm not out there snapping pictures all the time. It's just a real concept phone that got to market. I'd need to upgrade my wireless headphones or get those Sony USB-C ones to test out.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Of course the view isn't perfect...

If I were to pan to the left more there are industrial buildings and we have mobile towers on a roof opposite us.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babra4151