WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
So, I must confess that be been very pleased with the last two addition in the Mi 9 and 9 Pureview. I like the audio improvement via USB-C on the 9 Pureview. LG still crushes the hell out of it - and Xiaomi is still better via USB-C - but it is quite usable. I'm waiting for the screen protectors to arrive first before test driving it.

I'm using the POCO launcher on it and have scrapped using Chrome (Firefox instead). I'm using Shuttle+ instead of Sony's app as that's been crashing on non Sony Android 10 phones. I need better Bluetooth headphones, so other I get the 1 More or the enhanced Sabbats (don't want ones like the Jabra where I have to use an accompanying app).20200209_180736.jpeg

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm still intrigue by the Nokia9...
unfortunately I can't find any shop that has one that I can get my hands on...
Because it'll remain permanently in the collection, I'm going to spend a month with it before I put out my thoughts here. It's kinda the Android version of the 950 XL, but not quite.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Because it'll remain permanently in the collection, I'm going to spend a month with it before I put out my thoughts here. It's kinda the Android version of the 950 XL, but not quite.

I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts once you've had a chance to try out all the features on the Nokia 9. I'm also intrigued by it.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
We're currently having a nice storm. Everything is shaking and rattling. Got to love older buildings.

It's windy with some rain. The app says only 32 to 45km/hr but it sounds a lot more.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Monday...I see you're being your usual hot mess self, having me spending my morning and afternoon stops in the field on rainy day with a midday office visit. Sigh. Go home.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I need a new pair of Bluetooth headsets. The Sabbats aren't agog as well, likely due to the older standard. I like the 1 More ANC joints, but we will see.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Just finished creeping this dude out on the train. Saw with this all screen exotic and was staring as all hell trying to figure it out. He sat across fromme and I got to see the top of the phone, which was a pop up camera, which helped narrow my search.

It's a Oneplus 7 Pro/7T Pro 5G model. I knew it wasn't Xiaomi...I totally forgot about them. . I knew OPPO had a few pop ups this year, but wasn't thinking Oneplus until the very end; confirmed it when I saw the camera array on the back. Screen is nice though. I'd still pick an OPPO with the shark fin and periscope model (AKA the Reno 10X Zoom) over them. That's real exotic stuff. Should have gotten one from you-know-who to test drive...if this was a few years ago, I would have.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm hopeful that I'm wrong...I don't think the V60 will have the punch needed to do what LG wants this year.

I'm reading that they're willing to sacrifice the G series to do so. I do think that's a bit of a mistake.
I would evolve the G series into a solid upper mid ranger/budget flagship that focuses on camera and compact performance.

But at the end of the day, they have to do what they think will turn their business around.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
To give an example of the type of days I've having lately...

This morning, turned on the work computer. Logged in. Clicked on Chrome as we use Google suite here.

Didn't see the Chrome window...

Couldn't figure out why.

Restarted the computer. Same thing.

Suddenly it dawned on me. My second monitor wasn't on....

Yeah, it's that kind of day...

Well it's been that kind of month...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
To give an example of the type of days I've having lately...

This morning, turned on the work computer. Logged in. Clicked on Chrome as we use Google suite here.

Didn't see the Chrome window...

Couldn't figure out why.

Restarted the computer. Same thing.

Suddenly it dawned on me. My second monitor wasn't on....

Yeah, it's that kind of day...

Well it's been that kind of month...
The struggle is real. I woke up to the MTA being the MTA and that's turned into being am hour late to work.

If I could have stayed home, I would have. Got too much admin work to do today.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
So even after 5 years we’re still in that “wish I had that kinda money” phase?
You need to go back and read what's happened in my life.

I haven't lived in cheap countries or low tax countries.

I grew up virtually poor. Luckily in a nice working class neighbourhood.

Never thought I'd live in four different countries.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I didn't even realise the 14th was this Friday. Gives an indication how much I care about that day.

Probably my least favourite 'holiday'.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I didn't even realise the 14th was this Friday. Gives an indication how much I care about that day.

Probably my least favourite 'holiday'.
You got that on lockdown and fully vested, so you don't have to give a damn about 02/14 each year...

(Sorry, I couldn't resist after your feathers got ruffled).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eozplxz