Weekly photo contest: Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHappyPegasus

Mar 23, 2015
Visit site
WP_20150318_001.jpg

This picture was made during the riots in Frankfurt/Main, Germany because the opening of the newly build ECB (European Central Bank). The scene happened right infront of a police station and three of the four cars parking infront of it were destroyed. The main focus on the picture is small, because the firefighters still worked on extingushing the fire. The picture was taken wirh a Nokia Lumia 1020 and is not edited.

I hope the picture is still okay for the contest.

Greetings
Marcel

BigMoose2491

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
AdobePhotoshopExpress_b060f85cdd9d41e796ca347bcff246be.jpg

This is the Falken Tires Porsche 911 taken at VIR (Virginia International Raceway) in North Carolina. I took it with my Nokia Lumia 1020 and edited it in Adobe Photoshop Express. This is one of my favorite photos from that event. The car was moving at over 120 mph when I snapped the picture and it came out clear as day, which is hard enough to do on a DSLR, let alone a camera phone. It is this reason that I absolutely love this photo.

supask8a23

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
The new Acura NSX taken with a Lumia 928 at the Detroit Auto Show and I used the Lumia Creative Studio app, tried to do the blur to make it pop more, hope that I didn't inadvertently make it worse lol

Attachments

• wp_ss_20150323_0001 (3) (2).jpg
    wp_ss_20150323_0001 (3) (2).jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 16

M1dnight

Mar 23, 2015
Visit site
WPContest.jpg

STORY: Had it for 2 years, more like a relationship then a car. Moved to a different country and this is the "farewell" picture took the day before I let it go... sob sob :crying:
DEVICE: Lumia 1020
EDIT: Adobe Lightroom

Patrickkopilas

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
WP_20150320_17_09_11_Raw.jpg

thats my car, it?s a VW Golf 7 GTD. The car is completly wrapped in this epic Dragon Ball design by Schwaben Folia from Germany (Stuttgart).
Why my car has this Dragon Ball Design? Because Goku was my hero in younger years!

My Device is a Lumia 930, no filters on this picture. The picture is taken in my Home town Stuttgart in an old military barracks called "R?merkastell"

If you like it you can even like my Facebook Page, just search for "DBZ GTD Edition"

IceDree

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Ladies & Gentlemen, Boys & Girls, Playas & Pimps, I present to you ...

Fantasia Painting.jpg

A gorgeous bespoke Rolls Royce Ghost V-specification (The Sporty one :wink:)
hand painted in a contrasting Pearl White & Metallic Black with beautiful Coachlines hand painted by Goodwood's finest ... 3 of em! beautiful Twin-Coachlines & the V-specification insignia in black extending over the beautiful Pearl White body & a Pearl White Coachline over the Metallic Black Top! a Meisterwerk! wow.

Personally, I used to think dual paints & stripes in modern cars are tacky (Thanks Ford!) ... But This! This Is Something Else!* Now I'm a believer! The Gentlemen at Goodwood make some magnificent combinations ... things pictures & words can't do any justice!

I also saw a Wraith done in a Gorgeous Cr?me with a beautiful Gold Coachline (Daymn!) & a Goldish Ghost with beautiful black Twin-Coachlines & "Rolls Royce" written in an Arabic Roqa'a font in the shape of a croissant .... I almost fainted when I saw it in person (here's a link to it https://onedrive.live.com/redir?res...authkey=!AIh9uUDXs_uuzKs&v=3&ithint=photo,jpg) ... Power of the Rolls Royce Bespoke program ladies & gentlemen ... no wonder All Phantoms & 85% of the Ghosts are Bespoke !

I took the picture at Rolls-Royce Jeddah using an HTC 8X (Standard settings), made it black & white to get rid of the Florissant light & added a partial HDR effect using Fantasia photo editor.

Here's a link to Original Fullsize photo:
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?res...authkey=!AKL7LBE6SFtJ4qw&v=3&ithint=photo,jpg

For more pictures check out my Instagram & Flickr pages .... at IceDree.

Sub_Zero

Mar 23, 2015
Visit site
WP_20140519_09_19_22_Pro.jpg

Captured from my Nokia Lumia 925 on my first ever visit to Malaysia! It was a rainy day and when the skies cleared up a bit went out to find this Porche Cayman S outside! Up to date my most favourite picture. No special effects or edits were used!

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Italy is a romantic place... Walking the streets of Florence I fell head over heels for this totally mint classic Mini from the early to mid 1960's.

1520.3, Lumia Camera, High Res images stitched into a collage via Paint and size reduced for forum posting in Office 2010 Picture Manager.

Collage.jpg

Joe Konik

Nov 9, 2014
Visit site
WP_20140928_11_00_33_Raw+$2$.jpg

My Camaro in front of the historic Beardslee Castle located in Little Falls, NY (just down the road from where I live). Wish it was summer time so I could get some pictures of my dad's car. Run this same contest again when the snow is gone :wink:

Taken with Lumia Icon, touched up with Lumia Creative Studio.

lumia720

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
This picture was clicked at Bangalore, India.

Not really known for its supercars, but there were 2 458 Italias at the time of clicking this picture. Along with a Jaguar XKR-S.

Posting the picture of the Rosso Corsa Ferrari 458 Italia.

Clicked with a Lumia 720. Edited using Adobe Photoshop!

F458.jpg

superchargedV12

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
I went to Goodwood Festival of Speed last year and there were a lot of amazing cars including the Huayra and the Koenigsegg One:1. There was, however, quite a lot of buzz around the Maserati stand as it was their 60th anniversary last year. To celebrate this milestone, Maserati had this amazing concept in show called the Alfieri. I had my Huawei Ascend W1 and just took a picture and I myself was amazed at how good the picture turned out to be.Maserati_Alfieri[1].jpg

z8er

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Took this shot after a fresh wash of my 1967 Mustang Fastback. Taken on my 1020, edited in Photoshop with a dash of After Effects. Thanks for looking! :D

:grin:

Zays_Fastback_SMALL.jpg

Brian McMahon

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Nokia 1520 no edits. Taken at the Coventry Transport Museum last year while on a visit to the Gadget Show Live. Picture is of Thrust SSC which is the current holder of the land speed record at 763.035 mph since 1997, stunning vehicle to see in the flesh, still not been beaten to this day.

Attachments

• WP_20140411_14_24_05_Raw.jpg
    WP_20140411_14_24_05_Raw.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 14
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flynempire